Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving up for a Kronos 61

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Saving up for a Kronos 61 Reply with quote

The Kronos would pretty much replace all the sounds from my other keyboards when I play out.

I play in three bands, one plays 60's & 70's (and a few 80's) covers, one does rock instrumentals (Freddy King, Ventures, etc) and the last one is a jam band.

The Set List function would make things go so much easier, just load the correct set list for each band and have the combos named after the songs. The way I have to do it now is to quickly find the patches for each song on several keyboards.

Currently I'm using a Hammond A100 with Leslie (doesn't go to any gigs with many stairs or not enough room on stage), A Casio Privia (good piano touch, light weight), a Korg TR6, and a Korg R3 (a Theremin gets pumped through the R3).

What I'm planning on doing is to use the TR6 and Privia (and maybe the R3) through Midi to drive The Kronos. If the TR6 works well as a second manual for Hammond sounds, I may just sell the Hammond/Leslie. I've got the Roll-or-Karys and ramps for the van, but I'm getting older and I want to keep my back.

Looks like it will be at least a couple of months to save up for the Kronos.
robinkle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Kronos is something for you. You got Jack of all Trades with this thing. Isn't there anything you can sell? Smile I sold all my synths for Kronos.
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought the R3 less than a month ago to replace my aging MS2000.

I do have a Fender Rhodes in the garage I haven't used in a couple of years, I suppose it's time to sell that.

I also bought the Roland AxSynth about six months ago. Thought it would be great to jump out in front with the guitarists, but it can be somewhat of a hastle to throw the thing on, so I only end up using it in one or two songs on a night. Still have to think about selling that.

Won't sell the Hammond until I know that the Kronos will work as well. Eventually, I may get a set of Midi pedals to play bass, but I think I'll probably pick up a new amp after I sell the Hammond. At the moment, I'm using my own private PA for all my keyboards.
robinkle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very excited about Kronos. I have a good feeling about it, all the demos and user feedback are telling the same story. The Kronos will cover more then all the Synths I sold.

The CX3 might replace your Hammond, if it sounds good enaugh? Smile
Best would be to test it in a store before you consider selling the Hammond.

I have trouble finding what kind of Keyboard that would be a nice addition to Kronos. But I consider to add a Eurorack custom analog modular synth or a Minimoog voyager or a DSI Tetra. Something Real Analog.
DocAtlas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phattbuzz wrote:

I do have a Fender Rhodes in the garage I haven't used in a couple of years, I suppose it's time to sell that.

I also bought the Roland AxSynth about six months ago. Thought it would be great to jump out in front with the guitarists, but it can be somewhat of a hastle to throw the thing on, so I only end up using it in one or two songs on a night. Still have to think about selling that.

Won't sell the Hammond until I know that the Kronos will work as well. Eventually, I may get a set of Midi pedals to play bass, but I think I'll probably pick up a new amp after I sell the Hammond. At the moment, I'm using my own private PA for all my keyboards.

When the time comes to get a new amp, you may want to check out this one, especially if you're going to use the Kronos for Hammond sounds:

http://motion-sound.com/product?name=kbr-3d.

I have the rotory effect in my BX3 turned off, and it's plugged into the rotor channel on the amp; the synths go into the other inputs. The CX3 engine and rotor sim are great, but there's nothing like a real rotor, and the amp is compact and handles non-organ sounds well. I used to send the organ sounds in my Triton out an individual output to the rotor, while the stereo mains went to the other amp inputs. It worked like a charm.
Korg BX3; Korg Triton (classic) w/MOSS, Studio Essentials & Vintage Archives; Korg N5EX; Korg O3RW; Kurzweil K2600s; Kurzweil 1000GX;Hammond C3 & Leslie 145; Farfisa Fast 3; Sequential Pro-One; Moog Liberation; Emu Proteus 3; Emu Planet Earth w/Vintage Expansion; Roland JV-880; Yamaha Motif Rack; Yamaha DX21; Yamaha TX216; Yamaha TX81Z; Yamaha TG77.
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DocAtlas wrote:
phattbuzz wrote:

When the time comes to get a new amp, you may want to check out this one, especially if you're going to use the Kronos for Hammond sounds:

http://motion-sound.com/product?name=kbr-3d.

I have the rotory effect in my BX3 turned off, and it's plugged into the rotor channel on the amp; the synths go into the other inputs. The CX3 engine and rotor sim are great, but there's nothing like a real rotor, and the amp is compact and handles non-organ sounds well. I used to send the organ sounds in my Triton out an individual output to the rotor, while the stereo mains went to the other amp inputs. It worked like a charm.

The reviews on that motion sound haven't been too good. Thinking about possibly the Traynor K4 or the Roland KC-880. OR there's also the possibility of setting up a couple of cube amps in stereo at near head level. Anyone doing that here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: