Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos warranty question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was proposed as a best offer a K61 at 2850€ in europe (3000 in france) . I paid (all included: shipping, tax and VAT) 2225€ in the USA..... i can accept 200€ more in my country but not more than that... More than 600€ is ridiculous. And salesman in USA were cooler than in france (uk was pretty good too).
panrixx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveBoulden wrote:
This topic was posted before any kind of UK pricing was made known... at the time it seemed a K88 might actually cost £3800 in the UK, so compared to that, importing would have been a very attractuive proposition.

Sorry, I missed that. Yes, at that price it would have been worth the trouble.
RKfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Rich has told us what the US company policy is - of course there are consemer protection laws in many countries that over rule policy - laws are there to protect people - company policies are there to protect monopolies - and are generally undefendable and certainly do not constitute a contract.

Again - we all love the Kronos - its going to be great when we can get it in Europe but there is another lousy Korg Company policy which seems to assume that $1=€1 which is why lots of people are thinking of importing and hence the question.

If the sales of the Kronos are to support the local HQs well with no local sales there will be no maintenance department to send your broken keyboards to so whether you were one of the poor saps paying the hyperinflated EU prices you might find you are having to ship to the US anyway.

Dan, Rich if you are listening let you EU colleagues know that due to the huge difference in prices on either side of the pond the US may pick up a lot of sales that might have been made in europe. Can we have decent prices here too. In the UK I would happily pay £2,250 ($3,666 at today's interest rate) for a K61 (that is 22% more than the US price, which is still a bit steep) but £2,599 (advertised on a few sites is $4,236 41% more then the US price) - is absolutely mental. And this is why there will be lots of imports or pretty lousy sales.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos warranty question Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
If you take the Nova Music advertised price and deduct $400 for a maximum possible discount

The NovaMusik.com pre-order discount was $200 off the MAP price on any model.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
panrixx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos warranty question Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
panrixx wrote:
If you take the Nova Music advertised price and deduct $400 for a maximum possible discount

The NovaMusik.com pre-order discount was $200 off the MAP price on any model.

Yes, I understood that but was trying to make my point by using a figure that I did not think could ever be bettered.

I read, somewhere, on this forum of a $400 discount which was made up of the pre-order discount plus some other discount/reduction of $200. I cannot remember where that was now.

Found it.

RC-IA wrote:
orpheus2006 wrote:
RC-IA wrote:
the K61 is advertised as 2999$ and you get it at 2599$
Is -400$ the pre-order special?

there was a 200$ discount for pre order, then a store came with a 2599 street price, Nova and SW price matched it
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not buy direct from the manufacturer. This applies to most things that you purchase.

The only way to ensure that you have the protection of your country's consumer laws is to purchase within your own country.

Your transaction is between you and the retailer you purchased it from. If you're importing, you undertake this transaction at your own risk. The laws of the country that you exported from will be the ones that you will need to rely on, and that's where you'll need to conduct any business, including warranty.

jg::
RKfan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you buy Microsoft Office and it has a bug - who is responsible for fixing it?

If you buy a medicine from your local pharmacy and it poisons you (because of a dodgy lot) - who do you sue?

If you have a car and a part fails under warranty - who pays for it (you dont, nor does the service centre)? - What if there is a global recall because the wheels (data or otherwise) fall off?

In none of these cases would you go back to the shop you bought the things from - why would a keyboard manufacturer be any different (are they some how governed by laws in a different universe from everyone else).

My key point is that Korg, like many other manufacturers are usually reasonable with fixing stuff (if you have a reasonable story) - and you should not be scared to consider importing (and making huge cash savings) -especially with such a high quality machine like the Kronos the chances you need the warranty should be pretty low.
panrixx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
If you buy Microsoft Office and it has a bug - who is responsible for fixing it?

If you buy a medicine from your local pharmacy and it poisons you (because of a dodgy lot) - who do you sue?

If you have a car and a part fails under warranty - who pays for it (you dont, nor does the service centre)? - What if there is a global recall because the wheels (data or otherwise) fall off?

In none of these cases would you go back to the shop you bought the things from - why would a keyboard manufacturer be any different (are they some how governed by laws in a different universe from everyone else).

My key point is that Korg, like many other manufacturers are usually reasonable with fixing stuff (if you have a reasonable story) - and you should not be scared to consider importing (and making huge cash savings) -especially with such a high quality machine like the Kronos the chances you need the warranty should be pretty low.

I understand where you are coming from but you forget that most sellers of a product have some form of contract that states (paraphrasing) " you sell our product, you take the profit from the sale. In return your obligation is to deal with the customer and any warranty problems that occur.

Obviously, the manufacturer will eventually reimburse the dealer for the parts required to sort out a problem or accept the goods, via the dealer, if repair is needed at one of thier service locations.

The dealer takes responsibility for dealing with customers directly, including warranty claims. Thier profit on the deal is thier recompense for taking this on. I know this as I had a similar contract with a Canadian company (I'm in the UK) some years ago, but not now.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
RKfan wrote:

I understand where you are coming from but you forget that most sellers of a product have some form of contract that states (paraphrasing) " you sell our product, you take the profit from the sale. In return your obligation is to deal with the customer and any warranty problems that occur.

Obviously, the manufacturer will eventually reimburse the dealer for the parts required to sort out a problem or accept the goods, via the dealer, if repair is needed at one of thier service locations.

The dealer takes responsibility for dealing with customers directly, including warranty claims. Thier profit on the deal is thier recompense for taking this on. I know this as I had a similar contract with a Canadian company (I'm in the UK) some years ago, but not now.

But how comes US people get a Kronos for like $600 cheaper and still have full warranty? As a customer, I don't mind who is responsible, Korg itself or some shop I bought it from. For most cases, it needs to be sent back to Korg anyway.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RKfan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But how comes US people get a Kronos for like $600 cheaper and still have full warranty? As a customer, I don't mind who is responsible, Korg itself or some shop I bought it from. For most cases, it needs to be sent back to Korg anyway.

Its actually worse than that it is nearer $1,200 cheaper (K61 is £2,599 = $4,185, US price is $2,999: difference is 1185 at todays exchange rate)

I dont understand this either and I have both a PhD and MBA...
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
Quote:

Its actually worse than that it is nearer $1,200 cheaper (K61 is £2,599 = $4,185, US price is $2,999: difference is 1185 at todays exchange rate)

I dont understand this either and I have both a PhD and MBA...

But tax in Europe is about 20 percent ... and some tak shipping costs and import cost into account.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: