Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg should have paid for the comments on this video...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drchris

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:03 am    Post subject: Korg should have paid for the comments on this video... Reply with quote

So, checking out YouTube tonight, I came across this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jBZUEJxesg

Carl at Br8kherback Studio made this video at 2 am after having his Kronos for 2 days. He demos some music on the Kronos, and has some really fun comments throughout. "It's like Christmas", "There's so much stuff in here. It's too much!"

Fun video to watch while waiting on the 88!
Chris
jaimonj

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His other KB is a Trinitron.?!?!
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaimonj wrote:

Yes.....

Daddy Triton had an affair with a Mistress called Trinity.....

And they had a lovechild..

Trinitron

Mr. Green
robinkle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
jaimonj wrote:

Yes.....

Daddy Triton had an affair with a Mistress called Trinity.....

And they had a lovechild..

Trinitron

Mr. Green

So if we continue this story, we will end up with MegaTron. Surprised
jaimonj

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol! You guys are funny. The keyboard he is refering to is a TR.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone is wrong. I'm pretty sure that he's referring to the new SONY trinitron keyboard. This one is actually powered by two PS3 game consoles.

It's very powerful. The thing I like best is the PS3 controllers can be used to program and as live controllers. The prototype - I don't know how he got it -runs slightly hot and there can be some MIDI clock issues.

Lots of people don't know that SONY was working on this a while ago. Wink
JimH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, talk about ergonomics. He's got a little command center there. Everything within reach.
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that cool stuff going through...a Behringer mixer. Face palm Face palm Face palm
robinkle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinkofanI wrote:
All that cool stuff going through...a Behringer mixer. Face palm Face palm Face palm

I'm not much into mixers since I got my Mac for doing everything. But my first mixer was a small Behringer mixer and it made alot of Noise. I can see why you made Face palm .
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

However modern Behingers have improved considerably. I've recorded some great stuff on my 18 channel behringer and within reasonable treatment I haven't had any build issues either.
They made a big deal about the 'british' EQs on the Xenyx series and they are actually pretty sweet. Shame I can't get it integrated in my setup properly to do mixdowns on it I think.

I think Behringer are a little like Skoda. Both have come a long way but still have poor reputation.
Plus something has to be said for budgets and price-to-feature ratios, afterall that is what lead me to korg.

Funnily enough, the noisiest thing in my rig is thd darn miniKP. I love what it does and how it tacks neatly on the end of my keyboard but its impossible to use where noise floor is a consideration...
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually, you find Behringer mixers are great... until you try something better. But, it's true they'll do the job ok for most situations. It really depends on the gear you connect to it. I sure wouldn't plug a Kronos on one, though!! As always, you get what you pay for... Good things aren't cheap, cheap things aren't good as they say.

Blink
robinkle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinkofanI wrote:
Usually, you find Behringer mixers are great... until you try something better. But, it's true they'll do the job ok for most situations. It really depends on the gear you connect to it. I sure wouldn't plug a Kronos on one, though!! As always, you get what you pay for... Good things aren't cheap, cheap things aren't good as they say.

Blink

What I noticed with Behringer mixers is that the smaller mixers makes more noise then the bigger ones. A friend of mine got a few more channels and just as old as mine was, and there was a huge difference.
dustymaestro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimH wrote:
Wow, talk about ergonomics. He's got a little command center there. Everything within reach.

How do you guys ever program the top keyboards?
robinkle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dustymaestro wrote:
JimH wrote:

How do you guys ever program the top keyboards?

Good question. Smile Not everyone do program the the keyboards. And some keyboards might have computer editors.

Personally I wouldn't be standing if I was to program a Kronos patch from scratch, most probably I would have the keyboard on my lap, or on a table while sitting on a comfortable chair. Smile I guess there might take some time programing Kronos if I am to assign all knobs and joysticks to different parameters within a sound. Personally I aim for a goal when programing, figuring out what to program before I start, it makes me really finish the patch, and spend less time on fiddling myself to a sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: