Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Kronos K61 can be your's for £2,000

View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you can import a Kronos 61 for €2,300 (£2K approx) what are you prepared to pay in a shop
€2,000 - 2,100
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
€2,100 - 2,300
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
€2,300 - 2,500
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
€2,500 - €2,700
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
€2,700 - €2,900
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
€2,900 - 3,000
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
more than €3,000
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

RKfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: A Kronos K61 can be your's for £2,000 Reply with quote

Look at the thread started by Operaman:

Quote:
operaman wrote:
I paid with tax and shipping 2271.91 EU. I am pleased. Still wondering about the Power Supply before using it.

He imported his from the US, paid all his taxes and bought a transformer to get 110V (although the onboard transformer should switch) for just under £2,000. - Yes I know about the warranty "issue."

Food for thought!
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought mine in the same store as operaman, all included ( taxes, vat, shipping, plus a lots of gifts) for 2225€. I answered the poll. I wpuld have put 200€ more to buy in europe or france
theshinenz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you DO NOT need a step down transformer. Just get a new IEC lead with the right plug on it for your country.
operaman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theshinenz wrote:
you DO NOT need a step down transformer. Just get a new IEC lead with the right plug on it for your country.

This is now confirmed but the back said 120. I was going to take no chances given the lack of a guaranteed warranty and even with the warranty the fact it would have been my error that caused the damage.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to wait, pay £2599 (plus a free pair of monitors) and get full UK warrantee.

Hopefully, I won't need it Very Happy
RKfan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm happy to wait, pay £2599 (plus a free pair of monitors) and get full UK warrantee.

I am beginning to think that for the next few months the warranty is going to be essential - from looking at other posts there are rather more teething troubles then one would expect. What with the rotary encoder, some loose slider knobs, a few software bugs and one dead kronos in the first few weeks of release it might even be worth waiting till these are fixed.

But I would rather not have the monitors (worth £250ish) and have a discount of £350 instead - I am aiming for £2,250 with UK warranty - and prepared to wait 6months.

Anyway the wife is trying to get me to move house so she can have more room - great sales technique by the way - she says I could use the 4th bedroom for your Music (she's calling it the Kronos Room - kids are joining in too). So my Kronos is going to cost c.£80,000 (before the extension) - maybe not the best price but it'll come with a studio (even Bonners aren't offering that).
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
So my Kronos is going to cost c.£80,000 (before the extension) - maybe not the best price but it'll come with a studio (even Bonners aren't offering that).

LOL - bargain!
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2 cents.... KORG need to put a stop to this kind of thing immediately.

It should be of the highest importance to make sure that the prices are all the same around the world without tax.

Take Thomann in Germany for example. They are a massive distributor here in Europe and because they offer prices lower than stores, everything “KORG” they sell comes from KORG Germany and is shipped all over Europe.

Where this does not benefit KORG is, that's a massive amount of sales KORG UK are missing out on.

When you take tax out of the equation, the price of the KRONOS should be the same everywhere in the world.

Regards
Sharp.
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

Sharp wrote:

It should be of the highest importance to make sure that the prices are all the same around the world without tax.

Take Thomann in Germany for example. They are a massive distributor here in Europe and because they offer prices lower than stores, everything “KORG” they sell comes from KORG Germany and is shipped all over Europe.

Where this does not benefit KORG is, that's a massive amount of sales KORG UK are missing out on.

When you take tax out of the equation, the price of the KRONOS should be the same everywhere in the world.

Regards
Sharp.

13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
robinkle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I compared the price between Yamaha Motif 6 and Kronos 61 between my dealer procom with Sweetwater. And the price difference between the two keyboards are the same, but overall the prices er much higher here. Could be taxes and demand.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:

I fully agree.
At the same time I cannot help but wonder why on earth KORG decided on creating such a big difference between the US prices vs. the European prices.
Greed?

If you look at for instance the new Roland Jupiter-80 you will find that at Thomann it costs almost €3000, while at Sweetwater it costs almost $3500.
That is a lot fairer and makes a lot more sense than what KORG is doing with the KRONOS.
Anyway, I have not pre-ordered, and I am not about to order a KRONOS just yet.
RKfan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:

Regards
Sharp.

Amen to that
jaimonj

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Euro shouldn't the price be the same across Europe? Just curious!
robinkle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaimonj wrote:
With Euro shouldn't the price be the same across Europe? Just curious!
Different taxes for each country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: