Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem registering Kronos on Korg.com

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Problem registering Kronos on Korg.com Reply with quote

I want to register My kronos on korg.com to get the free second year of warranty AND to access the support. It says on the site that to register you must have bought your KB in the USA. I bought mine in the USA but when i fill my address (in France) it keeps saying me it's only for keyboard bought in the usa.
Chriskk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, do you live in France? To get warranty, you must buy a Kronos from an authorized French Korg dealer.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichF wrote:
If a Korg product is bought in the USA, the warranty is honored only through our USA-based authorized repair centers. The customer is responsible for the international shipping to and from the service center.

Hope this helps.

-Rich

and, again, it says on korg.com that you just have to bought it in USA !
Chriskk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it says on korg.com that you just have to bought it in USA !

The terms are implied in the warranty, meaning that the person who bought it resides in the area that Korg.com (KORG USA) covers. It's legal and you cannot do anything about it unless you get the US Supreme Court to illegalize it.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what you are saying is that stores which are selling keyboard to international costumers are doing this without giving any warranty? And that rich is wrong?
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest contacting (emailing) Korg USA directly. Most likely their form was not designed to accept non-US addresses (so people who purchased their Korg product from a different Korg Country Distributor would not mistakenly enter their information here).

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
I would suggest contacting (emailing) Korg USA directly. Most likely their form was not designed to accept non-US addresses (so people who purchased their Korg product from a different Korg Country Distributor would not mistakenly enter their information here).

i tried. The answer, with which i'm absolutely not ok with: only for USA resident. so if your american and go live in africa (for example) and want to put your adress in africa, you can't, but you bought your kb in US. i PM-ed rich about this, hope he can help.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:
MartinHines wrote:

i tried. The answer, with which i'm absolutely not ok with: only for USA resident. so if your american and go live in africa (for example) and want to put your adress in africa, you can't, but you bought your kb in US. i PM-ed rich about this, hope he can help.

I would also suggest referencing Rich Fs name in your email. Also explain you understand that to get warranty service you would be responsible for shipping the unit back to the U.S. (at your expense).

Note the Korg USA Warranty Policy says NOTHING about "having to reside in the U.S.":
http://www.korg.com/Warranty.aspx

Its key points are:
-- product purchased from a Korg USA Authorized dealer (you did)
-- warrantly valid only in the U.S. (meaning only Korg USA will pay for warranty repairs performed in the U.S.)

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
RC-IA wrote:
MartinHines wrote:

I would also suggest referencing Rich Fs name in your email. Also explain you understand that to get warranty service you would be responsible for shipping the unit back to the U.S. (at your expense).

Note the Korg USA Warranty Policy says NOTHING about "having to reside in the U.S.":
http://www.korg.com/Warranty.aspx

Its key points are:
-- product purchased from a Korg USA Authorized dealer (you did)
-- warrantly valid only in the U.S. (meaning only Korg USA will pay for warranty repairs performed in the U.S.)

absolutely !! i'm totallly ok to pay shipping if any problem occurs, that was the deal importing it, so..... i'm waiting for rich answer to my pm, if he has time Wink then will go back to support@korg

thanx martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: