Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS RAM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TI only has, what, 16 self-referencing multis? That's poo.

Stephen Kay humoured my question, and we came to conclusion that self-referencing all 1792 combis that come with Kronos would take about 150 MB of RAM.

See posts on this page. Specifically this post!
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
we came to conclusion that self-referencing all 1792 combis that come with Kronos would take about 150 MB of RAM.

with 4 go, that could make sense Wink
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Actually I wish combis were self-contained, not referring to the programs (but still having a possibility to load from programs - they just wouldn't use a pointer to the memory location of a certain program, instead they would copy the program to their own file and make it a part of itself). That would take more memory, sure, but then again memory is cheap nowadays.

That's a feature that is VERY desirable, just like 'Smooth Sound Transition'. Wish all keyboard manufacturers did that. Access Virus TI finally did that. Their multis contain separate copies of the program patches that make um up. C'mon Korg... it doesn't take that much more patch space Wink

I agree +1,,as memory is dirt cheap nowadays and Korg knows this...GRRR!!! Yes I know the Kronos has tons of great programs and combis already included .. but many are very similiar and almost identical to each other..and to me the GM crap isnt worth the time of day to even sample. The memory limitation ties your hands to what programs and layout they give us...and how can you do any kind of editing like a workstation is supposed to do w/o screwing up the factory combis or Karma ??? Why bother.. giving us all the tools and extras with such restrictions ..especially if you can't put them anywhere without screwing up something else.

Looks pretty complex to work around this problem and then save it to load/boot up everytime without affecting combis. . Any answers?
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Actually I wish combis were self-contained, not referring to the programs (but still having a possibility to load from programs - they just wouldn't use a pointer to the memory location of a certain program, instead they would copy the program to their own file and make it a part of itself). That would take more memory, sure, but then again memory is cheap nowadays.

That's a feature that is VERY desirable, just like 'Smooth Sound Transition'. Wish all keyboard manufacturers did that. Access Virus TI finally did that. Their multis contain separate copies of the program patches that make um up. C'mon Korg... it doesn't take that much more patch space Wink

Arturia is working on this too for Origin, FWIW
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: