Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CX3 Interface Messed Up
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
AMS is also quite confusing for some people. It is immensely powerful which is one thing I really like about the Korg workstations. Instead of saying "I want the Joystick to control Vibrato", you can say "I want the vibrato intensity to be controlled by the joystick. Oh and the filter cutoff too, and the drive amount, and how about the reverb level whilst I'm at it?"

That's a good point... that you go to the "parameter settings" and decide what controller you want associated with that parameter, as opposed to going to the "controller settings" to decide what parameter you want something to control. Like everything else, there's a tradeoff. Using this method, as you say, you can have the same controller perform multiple functions inside the same program... but OTOH, you can't have two controllers perform the same function in a given program. (This relates to my edited response above, understanding that you can't simply have joystick-left and joystick-right do the same thing, or have horizontal and vertical joystick moves do the same thing.)

Getting back to the "out of the box experience," even understanding that there are numerous ways to assign a foot pedal to control the Leslie speed with their own advantages and disadvantages, I think Korg should have implemented *one* way (and explained in the manual that it could be changed), rather than picking *no* way. For example, they could have programmed the organs so that sustain pedal would be rotary speed; or they could have had a default setting of Assignable Foot Switch to foot switch and made that parameter Rotary in the organ programs (I *think* that would work, haven't tried it)--even recognizing that there are good reasons for people to choose some other approach--just so a new user could plug a foot switch into one of the two foot switch jacks and see the leslie speed change, rather than force a new user to really have to learn quite a bit in order to accomplish such a common function.

That said, the fact that they didn't is what ultimately led me to the discovery of a way to do it that gives me the status light I want. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: