Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrade from M50?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ajbbklyn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: Upgrade from M50? Reply with quote

maustrap wrote:
Do you guys think itd be a good move to trade-in/sell my M50 toward getting a Kronos? I mostly play for fun at home or jam at a friends house, but I'm also wanting to do a bit more sequencing.

If you've got the money, who's to tell you no? Like you, I have the M50. Like you, I play for fun at home or jam at a friend's house. I do most of my sequencing "in the box". But, with a bit of practice, you can accomplish a lot with the M50 sequencer.

As mentioned above, Kronos will provide a higher quality soundset. And, it has sampling capability so you're not limited to the onboard sounds. Also, the Kronos' sequencer gives you an additional 16 tracks of audio as well as additional effects.

Having said that, you need to make the decision as to whether you can justify the cash outlay. If you can, then go for it. However, Kronos will be around for at least a few years. So, there's no rush to be an early adopter...unless you feel that the resale/trade-in value of the M50 will depreciate too quickly.

Bottom line: It's your decision.

By the way, here's a cover version of "Pretty Ballerina" that I did using the M50's sequencer. The tracks were brought into the computer so that I could add vocals. But, the mix-minus-vocal was pretty much finished using the keyboard. So don't underestimate the M50's sequencer:

Cover of "Pretty Ballerina"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: