Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KGE, KSC, PCG - save all
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron wrote:
At this point we should realize that the Kronos is a different type of keyboard. I'm not sure how different it is from previous Korg keyboards (not including OASYS), but it is different.

Despite how we may feel, it IS more complex to understand the file system of this keyboard. This is because there are multiple files and folders that can be created when you save objects.

This can all work in a semi-transparent fashion if you are only working on your own keyboard, but now and then there is a gotcha. Save All... is one. But the answer about this has been shown and we can move on.

This is a very powerful keyboard and yeah, some of the complexity is shown, so hopefully we can all try and help each other understand as much as we can in a musician-friendly manner.

Well put aron

Can I politely remind everyone that a lot of these filing/saving/library questions have been asked some years ago - iro of the OASYS. Whilst the elements are different (ie 9 engines and SSD, etc) the core filing method in the Kronos is the same as that of the OASYS.

There's a great (locked) archive for the OASYS that might be worth a look for you new Kronos owners... http://www.korgforums.com/forum_archive/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=42
Synthvalley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:

There's a great (locked) archive for the OASYS that might be worth a look for you new Kronos owners... http://www.korgforums.com/forum_archive/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=42

I'm one of those new Korg owners, so thanks for the pointer cello - I will use it.

SV
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:
Hi Aron, the KSC yes, its the connection of the Sampled but not with PCGs
but for a one BIGGER file, now, your problem is...when you SAVE ALL the
Samples get Saved too, now when you LOAD ALL the Samples try to get
Loaded back into the synth but they are actually still in as EXs, the synth
doesnt have enough free RAM and thats why you get the messages.

This is incorrect. See my next message.

Not trying to debate you but to understand better...incorrect based on what?
The EXs Samples dont get Saved when you Save Sampling Data?
From my understanding of Korg's concept ANYTHING in RAM gets saved
be it my Samples or Korg's Samples...unless is a KEP or whatever was
called on the M3.

The KSC contained only RAM samples (and there were none, apparently); when the file was loaded back in, the user chose the option to clear both RAM and EXs samples. Since the KSC file did not contain any references to EXs, this left all EXs unloaded.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
some may never have owned a Korg before and/or just want to make music - without needing to do degree level study to understand how to, say, SAVE something Rolling Eyes

If you've ever communicated with anyone on this board, I doubt you'll need any university level understanding. Wink

For one, I'm going to browse the OASYS section when I'm getting close to arrival, and read over the pertinent Tricks sticky which will be coming in this section.
arapahoe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of a "see it and then get it" type of guy.

Maybe one of you Kronos owners that really have this file saving thing down could DRAW a flow chart of the options and where everything goes... might help a lot people (including me!) to understand what happens when you hit "save all" and where everything goes.

I have a Kronos 88 on order (in Denver CO) and so I have not had any experience with it yet but from the recurrent threads about this topic I'm guessing that this hard for people to grasp. Just a thought. Although, I think I'm more worried about the loading and unloading thing (EXs's) and what all that means... I just wanna play when I finally do get the thing.

Cheers,
arapahoe
KapnKrunch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arapahoe wrote:

Maybe one of you Kronos owners that really have this file saving thing down could DRAW a flow chart of the options and where everything goes... might help a lot people (including me!) to understand what happens when you hit "save all" and where everything goes.

I have a Kronos 88 on order (in Denver CO) and so I have not had any experience with it yet but from the recurrent threads about this topic I'm guessing that this hard for people to grasp. Just a thought. Although, I think I'm more worried about the loading and unloading thing (EXs's) and what all that means... I just wanna play when I finally do get the thing.

Cheers,
arapahoe

You may want to check out page 186 of the Kronos Operations Guide. This is a pretty good pictorial overview.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please check out this post:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=62795
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arapahoe wrote:

Cheers,
arapahoe

Welcome to KF arapahoe - and what a great suggestion in your first post! I agree this would be really useful (process flow). As it happens I am a process analyst (airlines) so this speaks my language...

Thing is, for me (as an O user), I don't KNOW what happens, I just have a filing system that works with what I THINK happens! So maybe danatkorg or RichF could provide this? Am happy to put it into process flow format to assist with this.

And actually, thinking about it - this basic idea could be applied to many things - working with each of the engines; Karma; sequencer; sampling...

Now you've got my mind whirring... Think Laughing
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 184 of the Operations Guide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: