Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos sound vs Oasys sound
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystic38

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1...

Comparison tests have been staple fare in audio circles for years.. The biggest issue is removing variables, and so ca carefully controlled listening, setup and comparative environment is required.

To have any chance at being a valid base for comparison the output levels need to be matched to better than 0.25dB and the tests must be blind.. I would suggest streaming a sequence into both machines and having someone remotely switch between them while you listen.
I won't start on the complexities of making sure you are comparing like vs like.. Combi/program/eq/fx settings... So the simpler you can make it the better.

Lougheed wrote:
I still maintain that if you know what you are listening to, then you will be biased (even without realizing it). So, you really need a third party to control the sound sourcing, as you compare, so that at no time you are aware of which instrument you are listening to. Where I come from, that is called a "blind test". Is that Coke or Pepsi?

Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: