Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A honest review of K Kronos by a die hard Yamaha M fan.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamsire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: I loved it Reply with quote

Every note every word every sound.

My 88 will be here when it gets here.
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was nice to actually watch a video review with decent sound quality. and in the 3rd video he was totally cracking me up, that guy's hysterical. This was the first video i saw that actually made me really appreciate the SGX-1 engine.

one thing that bothered me though, he seemed to give the impression that the SSD would stream ALL your samples ... including user samples. That may be a reality in the future, but it's not true at the moment. Only for the drums and piano expansions.
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
I want fingers like that!

No lie! He makes me feel ashamed for wanting a Kronos! Everything he played was album material. He really needs to drag a K and his wife to the studio for a CD or two. And yes, I dug the heck out of his sense of humor. Very Happy
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthguy wrote:
RKfan wrote:

No lie! He makes me feel ashamed for wanting a Kronos! Everything he played was album material. He really needs to drag a K and his wife to the studio for a CD or two. And yes, I dug the heck out of his sense of humor. Very Happy

I have the same ... I have a Korg Triton Extreme and M50, and only about 10 gigs a year and rehearse every week (which is also very enjoyable btw). But I feel ashamed that I 'want' all this gear while actually the Extreme would be more than enough to be able to play the gigs without too much lowering the possibilities/sound quality noticeable.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
andersborg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked that he just played like he normally would, and gave his impressions on the sounds and playability based on that, and left the specs for last. Whatever the specs, the sounds could be awful, but it's clear they aren't. Rather it seems the instrument emulations are top notch.

Even if the audio quality of the videos was poor, it was easy to hear that e.g. the APs, EPs, guitars, brass etc sound much better and less sterile on the Kronos than on e.g. the M50. In part maybe because of a better job done on the programs, as I know people that have tweaked the M50 and M3 programs have achieved much better results than with the factory programs, but I don't think that's the only reason.
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
synthguy wrote:
RKfan wrote:

I have the same ... I have a Korg Triton Extreme and M50, and only about 10 gigs a year and rehearse every week (which is also very enjoyable btw). But I feel ashamed that I 'want' all this gear while actually the Extreme would be more than enough to be able to play the gigs without too much lowering the possibilities/sound quality noticeable.

Oh come on guys - everyone knows the cooler the gear you have the better the keyboard player you are.

That is how it goes right?

RIGHT?!?!

Laughing
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course. I mean, why do you state the obvious? Wink
ddavilyx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dany, actually he is so used to gospel chords that he can't mimic a guitar. And that nylon guitar is very poorly sampled.
dangerousdave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddavilyx wrote:
Dany, actually he is so used to gospel chords that he can't mimic a guitar. And that nylon guitar is very poorly sampled.

*yawn*
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddavilyx wrote:

It would be appreciated if you'd stop trolling about freaking guitars already. Play a real one and stop nagging.
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the guitar. My opinion > yours.

Just my opinion though. Wink

Although I will have to say that even if the guitars completely blue, the rest of the Kronos in every way that I've heard makes it the most desirable synthesizer ever, to me.

Again, just my opinion. But I bet a few people on this world share it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: