Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radias Editing Software and OS X Lion (No Rosseta)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoolook

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Radias Editing Software and OS X Lion (No Rosseta) Reply with quote

The Korg Radias editing software on the Mac still only runs PPC code, meaning all Intel Macs have to run it under emulation. This actually causes issues with Logic, but there are workarounds.

However, there won't be a workaround when OS X Lion arrives, as it won't work with Rosetta. Will Korg be updating the Radias editor, or do I have to sell my Radias or stay on Snow Leopard for ever?

Last edited by Zoolook on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow Leopard didn't ship with Rosetta either, you had to install it manually if you needed it.

I wasn't aware that the Radias Editor actually run under Rosetta anyway. Considering it came out long after Intel Macs were the norm (I think). Where did you get this information from? Is this perhaps different for the v2.0 editor (confusingly only available from the Update software package download. The one available for download separately is actually for the 1.0 OS)

Of course, even if the editor isn't supported, hardly makes the Radias obselete - it is a fantastic synthesizer. Personally, I never even use the editor except to save patches to upload/share.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Zoolook

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
Snow Leopard didn't ship with Rosetta either, you had to install it manually if you needed it.

I wasn't aware that the Radias Editor actually run under Rosetta anyway. Considering it came out long after Intel Macs were the norm (I think). Where did you get this information from? Is this perhaps different for the v2.0 editor (confusingly only available from the Update software package download. The one available for download separately is actually for the 1.0 OS)

I know you had to install Rosetta separately on Snow Leopard, that's not really the point. With Lion, Rosetta won't run at all, at least that's how it is with the developer seeds. Other forums are buzzing with this as well, such as the Intuit ones, as Quicken 2007 also won't work with Lion. It's a pretty established issue.

Not sure why you're asking me where I 'got this information'. The editor definitely only runs in emulation. Just launch it, open Activity Monitor, and it'll tell you what process it's running.

Quote:

Of course, even if the editor isn't supported, hardly makes the Radias obselete - it is a fantastic synthesizer. Personally, I never even use the editor except to save patches to upload/share.

That's true, although some editing is easier with the PC based editor (I guess it depends on what you're used to) but it's not critical. However, being able to upload and download patches is pretty fundamental functionality for a modern synth.
dswtan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoolook wrote:
Not sure why you're asking me where I 'got this information'. The editor definitely only runs in emulation. Just launch it, open Activity Monitor, and it'll tell you what process it's running.

v2.0.1 of the editor reports it runs Intel native for me on Snow Leopard 10.6.7.
Zoolook

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswtan wrote:
Zoolook wrote:

v2.0.1 of the editor reports it runs Intel native for me on Snow Leopard 10.6.7.

I had to go to the Japanese Korg site to find that... the version on the US site is still 1.0 dated Sept 26th 2005.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you might have read in my post, the latest editor is bundled with the 2.0 update. The one that is available to download separately from the website is the original editor which doesn't support the 2.0 parameters and evidently is less up to date in other areas too.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
acemonvw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone was wondering, the editor works just fine in OS X Lion. Used it last night with no problem!
secmast

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acemonvw wrote:
In case anyone was wondering, the editor works just fine in OS X Lion. Used it last night with no problem!

Mine's not working anymore, and off course I don't know which version I'am actually "not" running.

Can you please pinpoint to a site where I can get a running version under Lion. (damned back compatibility)
acemonvw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running version 2.0.0

I posted a thread here a few weeks ago where I thought my editor wasn't working. It turned out that on the Global settings I had switched off program change and most other MIDI filter settings. Make sure to check that, because I forgot that I had switched all of that off!
Rob Oxley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information in this thread guys, i was worrying at some point that i was going to need to run a separate Windows Laptop for the Sound Editor.
I upgraded to 2.0 last night and it appears to be working fine with Lion.
Rob Oxley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:

Of course, even if the editor isn't supported, hardly makes the Radias obselete - it is a fantastic synthesizer.

Never a truer word spoken.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: