Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microsampler and kaossPAD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dandriver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: microsampler and kaossPAD Reply with quote

Hello,
I saw a youtube video, where somebody controls the effects from the microsampler with a kaossPAD.
Do you know how to set this up?
First of all, how do you connect the 2 devices together?
Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N35gk66rkAA
artpunk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: microsampler and kaossPAD Reply with quote

dandriver wrote:
Hello,
I saw a youtube video, where somebody controls the effects from the microsampler with a kaossPAD.
Do you know how to set this up?
First of all, how do you connect the 2 devices together?
Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N35gk66rkAA

That's a slick video, thanks for the link. It's not a Kaoss Pad, he's using a nanoPad here & I think it's hooked up to the MicroSampler using USB from the nanoPad via his computer (I'm presuming from the computer to the MS using midi, but don't quote me on that) but he says in answers to some of the comments that it could be done without the computer. I have a nanoKontroller (thinking of getting a nanoPad now!) and you can edit the midi control messages using Korg's nano series editing software, so if you get the right connections then it would be very doable! Cool
dandriver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,
yes, it is a nanoPAD. sorry to mix it up.
the interresting part would be to connect them without computer, but I don't understand how to connect a usb controller (nanoPAD) with the microSampler.
artpunk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dandriver wrote:
hello,
the interresting part would be to connect them without computer, but I don't understand how to connect a usb controller (nanoPAD) with the microSampler.

The microSampler has USB connectivity for data/bank transfer, I would think (hope) MIDI data is transferred by this as well. The only think that would pose a challenge is getting the right kind of USB cable to fit both machines appropriately.
Horvath

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's impossible to plug USB controller to the Microsampler. I use padKontrol for pad drumming and effects.
Gear: Kaossilator, KP3, R3, Wavedrum, microSampler, padKontrol, PX4D | Shure WH20, Godin ACS-SA, Fernandes Tremor 5X, Boss RC-50, Roland GR-20, Novation Zero SL MkII, Emagic AMT8, Soundcraft Compact 10
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

artpunk wrote:
dandriver wrote:
hello,

The microSampler has USB connectivity for data/bank transfer, I would think (hope) MIDI data is transferred by this as well. The only think that would pose a challenge is getting the right kind of USB cable to fit both machines appropriately.

I've seen double USB B Male adaptors, they look like this:

Surely there's a cable version of this out there. If not, you could use two UBS B Male to B Female cables and have this be the connector, but there's really no guarantee that any of this would even work even if it's connected properly.
dandriver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did somebody try it with a midi to usb adapter?

http://amzn.to/mLkIbi
dschroeter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Read the comments Reply with quote

Such a wicked combination, but the computer is needed.
From the original youtube poster (shabbee), italics are mine:

Yes, nanopad and the microsampler are connected thru the PC. I have done exactly the same thing with a padKONTROL using the regular MIDI connections, so it can be done without the aid of and computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: