Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would you sell it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CfNorENa wrote:
use the incoming funds towards a nice analog mono, preferably vintage, either a Moog...

I like that idea.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 - Gone
M-Audio Venom - Gone
Yamaha S08 - Gone

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good calls.
oopfoo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some bizarre commentary about the Virus in this thread. "Moogy?" Really? What Moog do you think the Virus sounds like? I've owned a pile, including a modular, and I'm not convinced.

And, I'm sorry, but the Kronos doesn't touch the Virus TI2 for synthesis in a hands-on fashion. I love my Kronos, I do. Sincerely. But I'm not about to trade in a real synth for the touch-screen parameter editing.

Sorry....that probably comes across as hostile. I don't really mean it that way.

Anyway, OP...

Good calls on your sales. I'd can the M3. Pick up a Radias module later if you just want one. That's what I did. Also canned my controller keys. Just don't like them compared to the Korg keybed. Definitely keep the Prophet. You'll miss it desperately otherwise. I'll never part with my PolyEvolver keyboard...one of the best synths I've ever owned. I've parted with others that I sincerely miss now....don't put yourself through it.
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: Would you sell it? Reply with quote

oopfoo wrote:
Some bizarre commentary about the Virus in this thread. "Moogy?" Really? What Moog do you think the Virus sounds like? I've owned a pile, including a modular, and I'm not convinced.

I don't own any, but I've been around a couple.

Look, I know you analog fans insist that no VA or soft synth sounds like your favorite analog synth, be it Jupiter-8, ARP 2600, Oberheim, whatever. Fine, but I think you guys are stretching things a bit to insist that you can NEVER get any patch created on an Ion, Virus or whatever to sound like a certain analog. Besides, you must have missed this:

synthguy wrote:
I'd also get a Moog Voyager. Hey, you have to have one real Moog synth.

So yes, let's not act like I jumped on your foot on purpose. Wink
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about Moogy, but the Virus makes incredible sounds and has great interface for adjusting sounds. I had one 4 years ago and sold it, which I ended up regretting. Fortunately that kind of regret can be remedied. I ended buying a Virus 61 recently.

I know it is favored in trance, techno, etc., but I like what this guy is doing for fun with his Virus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRmWZUM_lmM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know why anyone would buy a Virus TI based on using it to emulate a Moog,there so much more under the Virus Hood that if you wanted to emulate such timbres then get yourself a damn Moog,you can get a Phatty for half the price of a Ti..

I get heartily pissed by these Analog heads saying "Insert VA or Prophet 8 or Voyager" doesn't sound like this or that Vintage analog well theres a reason why it doesn't...who cares!!!stick with your vintage overpriced dinosaur toys!!we'll use the modern Reliable VA or up to date analogs,lifes too short to be furking anal about how its not the same because it has slight tonal differencies,no-one makes judgements to not listen to this or that track because it doesn't feature a real analog synth!!!!!
oopfoo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:

I get heartily pissed by these Analog heads saying "Insert VA or Prophet 8 or Voyager" doesn't sound like this or that Vintage analog well theres a reason why it doesn't...who cares!!!stick with your vintage overpriced dinosaur toys!!we'll use the modern Reliable VA or up to date analogs,lifes too short to be furking anal about how its not the same because it has slight tonal differencies,no-one makes judgements to not listen to this or that track because it doesn't feature a real analog synth!!!!!

This is funny. Mostly because my point was that the Virus doesn't sound like a Moog. I don't USE it to sound like a Moog; I use it to sound like a VIRUS. I f#king LOVE my Virus TI2. And I completely agree with you that good VA is damned wonderful

In fact, I don't currently own a Moog at all. I do have a Studio Electronics ATC-Xi Quad, a DSI PEK and Rack, a Mopho, and a Dotcom Modular, but I LIVE with a Virus TI2, a Supernova 2, a Blofeld, and a V-Synth XT...plus the Kronos, of course. I use those VA synths all the time, plus a pile of plug-ins. I am NOT a Luddite. I just like BOTH sides of this equation, which is really the only way to be.

If it sounds good, PLAY it.

Sorry for the troll. Wasn't meant to be one. Just wanted to say:

"Kronos is NOT a Virus is NOT a Moog."
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice use of a Moog and Virus by some Youtuber:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSwiJcQNKxw&feature=youtube_gdata_player
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really simple answer; unfortunately, I can't give my first choice of a response since it wouldn't be respectful language, so I'll give my second choice: NO! (It still amounts to my first choice, just in fewer words Wink)

Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: