Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WOW, wow WOW
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I play and work with this keyboard, the more I realize how special this machine is. Cut the fx and you're back to the Polysix in the 80's. The Rhodes are very good and the DX - well, yeah it sounds like my old DX. The keyboard action is great - I never thought that anyone could beat the old DX7 action, but this one is better (for synth action).

The VA engines are killer. They just sound alive!

It's like having lots of my favorite keyboards in one and it is deep in a good way. I appreciate being able to pull up an analog synth that LOOKs like an analog synth.

This ones worth the money.
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed on all the "wow" comments. It seems that my favorite engine changes every time I turn on the Kronos. The drums are definitely killer and if you're not happy with what you're hearing- layer some sounds, or eq them differently, or resample them through effects! This is the most comprehensive workstation I have ever seen and truly worthy of its workstation title.
As for polyphony, I haven't yet hit the wall; but, I've been recording back into the audio tracks to manipulate the audio and have access to the raw recordings in my DAW. It looks like I may even be able to say goodbye to my DAW soon: 16 audio tracks in a keyboard!!
My current favorite activity: P->CV bass guitar into the MS-20 and play some "Hello Timebomb" (Matthew Good Band) style synth bass!

WOW!!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:
Something i noticed: Aftertouch is far better on kronos than on oasys, very smooth, the keyboard action is great even if it's under a virus ti from my point of view.

I only have experience upto the Triton Extreme regarding aftertouch and that's mostly on/off (or is my finger pressing not precise enough?)

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had nothing but really good experiences with the Triton Extreme's aftertouch. Maybe it is just about finessing it just so. I remember when I had my Roland JX-10 that I needed to operate the aftertouch amount slider while working the aftertouch on the keys to have it do anything useful or musical. It wasn't so with the Triton Extreme.
I forget if there was a way in the Extreme to assign a curve to the aftertouch.

Good luck with the music-making!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
Starlin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for me to chime in with my 'wow' moment.

After pestering Dan (THANKS!) for how to do something so embarrassingly basic...

I'm testing the numerous drum patterns (along with the numerous drum sounds) in the background along with the German grand.

I can't even explain at how utterly full the drums sound - and add a piano (and a bit of smoke) you really have a mini jazz hall.

Next to tackle modifying the built in drum patterns...I think I only need 4 PDF manuals for that one...
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree, WOW! this Kronos is one excellent keyboard.

I had to adjust the Keyboard velocity senitivity to 7. change the polarity of the damper pedal, and balance the volume with my other keyboards.

I thought I'd only really play and enjoy the combi's but, some of the programs are exceptional.

Being a farm boy at heart, I was more than thrilled when I discovered a cow mo'ing sound in one of the SFX's.

You've got to love it.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPWC wrote:
I was more than thrilled when I discovered a cow mo'ing sound in one of the SFX's.

Ok.. that was the feature that sold me. I'm buying one now! Today!!!

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

being able to calibrate the aftertouch on KRONOS allows you to really dial in the perfect amount of pressure and action for a very musical aftertouch. I had to play around with this calibration setting a few times to get it just right...but now that I have, its exceptional. Beats any keyboard I currently have. If only it were poly-AT....but I digress...... Very Happy
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: