Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

audio interface - linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: audio interface - linux Reply with quote

I know there's no official support, but I was wondering something. Now that Kronos' are starting to trickle in, could someone do me a favor?

Would someone be able to check and tell me if the audio interface is recognized natively in linux? Specfically in either Ubuntu 10.10 or newer. If it doesn't work, could someone paste the output of the following commands?

Code:

lsusb
cat /proc/asound/cards

If you aren't a regular linux user, someone could easily do this by booting to a live CD.

I was planning on taking my netbook up to my local GC as soon as they got one in, but I figured I'd ask here first.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
Kdfx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I will love to buy a Kronos if its USB audio interface is working with GNU/Linux?

You could use kxstudio or AVLinux (on a livecd) to test this...
shap

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, you mean to be asking whether the KRONOS, when hooked via USB to a linux host, appears under linux as a USB-audio device?

Happy to run the check for you when mine arrives. Wanted to make sure I'm answering the right question.
Sonar Producer, everything EastWest
Brian Moore iGuitar+Roland GI-20, Composite Acoustics 6, 12 string guitars, Multiple Ovations from when they were still worth it
Presonus Eureka (2x), TC Helicon VoiceOne
ADAM A7's and JBL 4328Ps, each for its purpose
Border Collies + Misc. Squeaky Toys
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, I was just curious if it would be recognized OOB as an audio interface and allow you to use it as an input/output source in JACK. I don't need anyone to actually go that far, but even just the command outputs would be awesome.

If that would work, I'd be able to use it with my Asus netbook tablet and not have to worry about having to deal with another audio interface.

I still plan on bringing my netbook with me to test it out myself, but I figured I'd ask.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: