Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Recording Kronos Reply with quote

So i plugged it in USB-B and I want to record. Logic detects it as audio and now i want to record it but cant figure out how. I already do have the usb midi and audio drivers installed previously.

Also please keep in mind my current kronos was not out of the box, so i do not have ANY disc or anything.

Please lemme know how to start recording in Logic!

thanks!

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need more info...do you have any other audio interface hooked up and running on your mac, in addition to KRONOS?

The basics are fairly simple. You need to go into logic and select KRONOS as your audio interface in the audio settings. Then, you will be able to select it as the audio IN on the channel strip where you are wanting to record.

My guess would be that you may already have an audio interface which you have been using previously, and it is already set as the default in Logic. Logic wont let you use both at once....you must pick one or the other as the primary interface. Once you do, then it will be available in the channel stip. You CAN set up an "aggregate audio device" on your Mac which will enable to you use multiple audio interfaces together......but that's a whole other topic.

Of course I am assuming you are using a later version of logic on a Mac. If your a PC guy with an old logic audio version.....then I dunno.
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron is absolutely correct. I use Logic Express 8 and take my MacBook with me on the road all the time. As a result I am constantly having to switch back and forth between the Kronos audio interface and the built-in audio.
It works very well, though, and is quite intuitive. You can just press Command-comma (Apple-comma) to get the preferences screen and choose the audio tab from there. The Kronos should be listed as an interface.
If you haven't yet acquired the drivers, you can download the Mac drivers from http://www.korg.com/uploads/Download/KORG_USB-MIDI_Driver_1.1.1_MAC_634382165658020000.zip (this is the latest driver from 4/12/2011) or just navigate to the support tab at http://www.korg.com/kronos (http://www.korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=598). I recommend disconnecting the Kronos from your Mac before installation and rebooting the Mac prior to attempting to use the fresh driver install. You'll also want to make sure the Kronos is fully booted up prior to reconnecting and fully connected prior to launching Logic.
Once all this is in place, simply choose the Kronos as your audio interface and create a new audio track with the desired parameters. Keep in mind that the Kronos supports both 16- and 24-bit as does Logic so make sure you have the right bit-depth selected for your project (wouldn't want to lose any bits unnecessarily! Wink)

Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
BetaMark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RonF wrote:
You CAN set up an "aggregate audio device" on your Mac which will enable to you use multiple audio interfaces together......but that's a whole other topic.

Yep, this is the route I'll be going, because I want the audio from both the Kronos AND an Apogee Duet 2.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The aggregate setup works quite well, but I have a times experienced Kronos squealing. I think it has to do with what gets turned on first and in what order OSX recognizes your gear.
But it works well and allows me to use my Ensemble and Kronos simultaneously. I will be trying audio cables to see if the Ensemble does a better job with conversion? ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: