Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Dead - Devastated
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm extremely sorry to hear about this. At the risk of causing ire, I'd only suggest that things like this are why, even with an OASYS or Kronos that has an internal HD, I still backup (additionally) to a USB stick at the end of a session. It never hurts to have files in more than one place, and sometimes saves your butt.

aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> when it was plugged straight into the wall, it would be fine for a few seconds, then you could audibly hear some weird frequencies going through

I don't think this is due to a power surge, but more of line modulation. In addition, a well designed keyboard should have power supply filtering and voltage regulators built in. Every keyboard is designed to run plugged into the wall. If it doesn't then it's not designed properly or the line voltage is screwed up.

I have never had a problem in all my years except:

1: when a Yamaha was screwed up while plugged into a furman line conditioner.
2: when a furman line conditioner "blew up".
3: With my Kurzweil PC361.

That being said, it depends on what type of UPS you use. Not all of them will protect against lower or higher line voltages.
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
I'm extremely sorry to hear about this. At the risk of causing ire, I'd only suggest that things like this are why, even with an OASYS or Kronos that has an internal HD, I still backup (additionally) to a USB stick at the end of a session. It never hurts to have files in more than one place, and sometimes saves your butt.

+1. When it comes to data, unless it's in two places, it doesn't exist.
rkuli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, after sending my board back and being told that the first new unit would be reserved for me in a shipment that was to come in yesterday - i learned today after following up on my own accord that the shipment is now backordered until the second week of july.

i realize that faulty units are unavoidable (and with only 1 reported here - it is a great track record) and that there is a price to pay for being an early adopter but after spending a little chunk of cash, having a working board that i thoroughly enjoyed and now having nothing - i'm really beginning to get frustrated........ Sad

RK

ex-ex SK5, PSS 680, DX7
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand your frustration, and I guess you have been waiting a while now to get your replacement unit and only to be told that you have to wait another two weeks...but think of us poor aussies, i phoned our distributor on tuesday to get an ETA for Kronons and they are expecting delivery mid September - so that's 10 week away!! Sad

Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: