Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Rhodes Sounds
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:

Add only body from one model in EXi 1 and only Attack from a different model in EXi 2. Or add additional body key scaled to one end or the other, or only additional Attack noise key scaled. Now we're having some creative "Frankenstein" fun!

Wink

Enjoy.

Jerry

Jerry, how would you approach the "body from one, attack from another?"

Thanks,

Busch.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, I figured it out.

Busch.
DaveK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Rhodes Mk1 Reply with quote

Busch,

Your demo clearly demonstrated to me that C5, C#5, D5 and D#5 are the problem notes in the Mk1 Rhodes sound. It almost sounds like the tines for these notes were a lot newer than the rest! If there is a way to just reduce the attack brightness for these four notes alone, I think we would be very close to the perfect Mk1 sound. I would imagine this could easily be done in Combination mode with three patches, one for the notes up to C5, a second for the four problem notes, and a third for E5 and up.

Regarding using the harmonic sound from the Mk1 and the attack sound from another model, yes this may well solve the problem, but wouldn't the polyphony of the resulting sound then be halved?

One other general query to everyone about both the electric and acoustic pianos: Is it possible to adjust the stretch tuning amount in the SGX-1 and EP-1 engines? I can hear the stretch tuning in the German Grand because in one online demo the demonstrator is playing the piano sound against an arpeggiated high synth sound and the piano notes sound painfully sharp - one example of where being able to reduce the amount of stretch would be very useful. It could be that the Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds are not stretched at all - I know my old Rhodes Mk2 was tuned with no stretch when I first got it, but came with a tuning chart which I used to successfully stretch tune it.

Cheers,

David Kear
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: