Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

promises promises
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jahrome

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthguy wrote:

But, KORG had suppliers up north crippled badly, a few might have ceased to exist.

Where are you facts to back this up? The disaster impacted a small town, farm land, on the Northern coast. What Korg suppliers are located in that town?

None of Korg's offices, sales branches, subsidiaries, manufacturing plant, etc are located in the disaster area. Everything is down North (Tokyo, Saitama, Osaka, etc) not too far where I am. Only some small towns in our area lost power. Big corporations, military, etc business as usual...but we did send food and supplies up North.

I live here. Where are you getting your information from?
lesfarrington

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: all gripes aside Reply with quote

i posted a frustrated statement on the forum about several gripes concerning the promised USB connectivity on the Kronos. i unplugged the USB from the Kronos and began using it as MIDI only. i truly want to ultimately use the Kronos in the way Korg intended it but for now i will have to build COMBIs and save them with the associated presets etc. while it is somewhat inconvienient let me add something here in defence of Korg. i realize im being somewhat schizophrenic about this but.......The Kronos goes beyond anything ive used before as an inspirational instrument. I have always viewed Korg as having BEAUTIFUL patches. pure sweet pudding. but this Kronos is something else entirely. i am getting some really PUSHY and OBVIOUS sounds out of it that i didnt expect. it really is ONE BOX that does just about everything and VERY WELL. im talking about SOUNDS here not CONNECTIVITY. I am confident that Korg will correct this regardless of my current state of frustration but honestly, if Asked by a potential customer I would say without hesitation BUY IT!!! in fact i would even go so far as to say that if Korg really wanted to be honest about this instrument they wouldnt have named it after a GOD who ate his own children but instead they could have named it MOD-7. i would have bought it for that synth alone. it is currently my favorite of all time synths.....i love the MS-20 but ive heard those sounds before on other instruments but the MOD-7 is truly EXPRESSIVE!!!
i am still inspired by this instrument so DONT LET MY GRIPES TURN YOU OFF! its still a REMARKABLE INSTRUMENT.
dustymaestro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:
synthguy wrote:

But, KORG had suppliers up north crippled badly, a few might have ceased to exist.

Where are you facts to back this up? The disaster impacted a small town, farm land, on the Northern coast. What Korg suppliers are located in that town?

None of Korg's offices, sales branches, subsidiaries, manufacturing plant, etc are located in the disaster area. Everything is down North (Tokyo, Saitama, Osaka, etc) not too far where I am. Only some small towns in our area lost power. Big corporations, military, etc business as usual...but we did send food and supplies up North.

The news Shocked

http://en.akihabaranews.com/88140/misc/japans-earthquake-shut-down-six-sony-manufacturing-facilities-other-companies-still-assessing-the-situation[url][/url]
mjames4208

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama queen Rolling Eyes
NeKo LX5, Liquid Saffire 56, Motif XS8, Kronos61, A-70, Motif-Rack, FantomXR, MPC5000, R8mkii, Komplete5/6/7/8, Trilian, Total Workstation 2, EWQL Complete Composers Collection, Arturia Mini Moog V, CS-80V, ARP2600V, Jupiter-8V, Oberheim SEM-V, Analog Laboratory, Vienna Ensemble Pro, Yamaha Montage, Epic Orchestra, Flugelhorn, Sonar X2, FW-1884, MIDI Express 128, MPC Renaissance, MachFive3, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Korg Legacy Collection, Machfive 3, Jupiter-80, Moog Sub 37,
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dustymaestro wrote:
The news Shocked

http://en.akihabaranews.com/88140/misc/japans-earthquake-shut-down-six-sony-manufacturing-facilities-other-companies-still-assessing-the-situation[url][/url]

The internet has no room for your FACTS!
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
dustymaestro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it doesnt.
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to point out the Locate button does have a purpose. By default, it does send you back to the beginning of your song, but if you want to set it to a different spot, say measure 42, hold down the ENTER button and then press LOCATE ... every time you hit LOCATE, you'll go back to measure 42.

The Multi-Rec option isn't really very useful anymore. It was especially important in workstations like the M1 and the original version of the 01/W that didn't have disk drives, that was the only way to transfer an entire sequence. I guess it might be useful if you're using 2 workstations that don't have the same kind of Media... like a Triton Le and a Kronos. But even if you use it, you really can't record many tracks at one time. Just 4 maybe, if they're simple tracks, but if you try to record more than a piano or a drum track, you end up losing data... EVEN with the newer workstations.

Another big drawback with the Korg Sequencer, and i don't know if Roland's is any different, is you can't copy or move data within a measure. You can copy an entire measure, but you can't copy just 2 beats of that measure into another measure. I've run into this problem a few times.

It just kinda goes to show how outdated the Korg Sequencers are. In their next workstation, they really need to trick out the sequencer. They could do it... imagine if they had a version of Sonar or Logic Audio running as their sequencing core.

Korg's sequencer changed a little when the X3 was introduced. And then it changed dramatically when the Trinity came out (mostly just graphical differences... same functions really). But there's hardly any difference between the 1995 Trinity's sequencer and the 2011 Kronos's sequencer.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gargamel314 wrote:
The Multi-Rec option isn't really very useful anymore. It was especially important in workstations like the M1 and the original version of the 01/W that didn't have disk drives, that was the only way to transfer an entire sequence. I guess it might be useful if you're using 2 workstations that don't have the same kind of Media... like a Triton Le and a Kronos. But even if you use it, you really can't record many tracks at one time. Just 4 maybe, if they're simple tracks, but if you try to record more than a piano or a drum track, you end up losing data... EVEN with the newer workstations.

Not true. First of all, for people who enjoy and use the KARMA function, the only way to record the multiple tracks of MIDI Data that KARMA is generating into the internal sequencer is to have a Multi-Rec option. Without this, there would be no way to record KARMA into the internal sequencer.

Same thing with the dual arps in the Triton and M50 - you could not record their output without a multi-rec option.

Secondly, in recording KARMA to multiple tracks, I haven't seen it losing any data. Maybe the Triton might have had this problem, but the newer keyboards use much faster processors.

jahrome

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dustymaestro wrote:
jahrome wrote:
synthguy wrote:

The news Shocked

Sorry...you are not helping synthguy's case. Nowhere in the "facts" you presented does it mention Korg. It also doesn't mention Roland or Yamaha and numerous other Japanese companies. In case you missed it, Korg is a short drive away from where I live where the tsunami didn't reach...and minimal to no damage from the earthquake.
jahrome

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gargamel314 wrote:
just wanted to point out the Locate button does have a purpose. By default, it does send you back to the beginning of your song, but if you want to set it to a different spot, say measure 42, hold down the ENTER button and then press LOCATE ... every time you hit LOCATE, you'll go back to measure 42.

This is a very useful function to have 1 locate point. The Fantom G has 16 locate points and my 14 year old MPC2000 has 9 locate points.

Also, it would be nice if Kronos had a function to start a sequence from the beginning outside of using the 1 locate start. I am use to sequencers having a dedicated button to start/return a song from/to the beginning like the two mentioned workstations above.
dustymaestro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.vcstar.com/news/2011/mar/21/japan-earthquake-exacerbate-asias-slowdown/
jahrome

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dustymaestro wrote:
http://m.vcstar.com/news/2011/mar/21/japan-earthquake-exacerbate-asias-slowdown/

Another poor example. Laughing
dustymaestro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHHAHA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: