Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Synth action for RH3 Kronos?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Synth action for RH3 Kronos? Reply with quote

I am curious what slaves keybeds you 73/88 Kronos people are using with the Kronos. Anyone try a CME or Novation product to get your syth or organ action?
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing it all on the RH3. After 24 hours I'm almost completely adjusted and glad I got it. If you get the RH3, you may be surprised that you don't need synth action.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
shap

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My K-88 arrives next week. I expect to use a V-Synth to drive synth action when I need it.
Sonar Producer, everything EastWest
Brian Moore iGuitar+Roland GI-20, Composite Acoustics 6, 12 string guitars, Multiple Ovations from when they were still worth it
Presonus Eureka (2x), TC Helicon VoiceOne
ADAM A7's and JBL 4328Ps, each for its purpose
Border Collies + Misc. Squeaky Toys
drchris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 88 won't be here until mid week, but I'm planning to use and AKAI MPK49 with it. I don't think I'll use it often, but I do like having the synth action available. I also plan to use it sometimes for it's pads to trigger the Kronos pads instead of using the onscreen version. You can modify the CC# for each control and save that as a preset in the AKAI, so it should be easy to customize it's contols to compliment the Kronos nicely.

Chris
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I was more concerned as to how well it was playing with other boards and you all answered that question.

McHale that is most encouraging to hear! How is the response time for you with organs or do you not play organ that much? I think that was my bigger concern. I don't play them well. I may never notice any reaction problem. I do remember getting into this discussion hear once before and that gentleman was a bit disillusioned with the key response but I figure he was a real good organ player!
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
McHale that is most encouraging to hear! How is the response time for you with organs or do you not play organ that much? I think that was my bigger concern. I don't play them well. I may never notice any reaction problem. I do remember getting into this discussion hear once before and that gentleman was a bit disillusioned with the key response but I figure he was a real good organ player!

Half of our set list is organs. I'm able to play Boston's Foreplay on it and do palm smears fine. I have purposely left my other gear off with the exception of trying to duplicate some of my favorite sounds and I'm already used to the RH-3. If you look on here and Harmony Central, I was one of the bigger complainers about there not being a semi-weighted more than 61 keys BECAUSE I play organ and fast leads. At first, the leads sounded choppy but now I've adjusted and I'm about 99% there. The RH-3 *IS* a little sluggish on key return compared to a semi-weighted but everything we play is do-able with the RH-3.

I'd say get it, practice on it for some time before purchasing some type of additional controller. You'll be surprised. I was.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Starlin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question McHale...the 'official sheet music' for Foreplay - does it have the huge organ part in the beginning or did you get it by ear/chord chart?

(sorry for steering off topic)

McHale wrote:
Bertotti wrote:

Half of our set list is organs. I'm able to play Boston's Foreplay on it and do palm smears fine. I have purposely left my other gear off with the exception of trying to duplicate some of my favorite sounds and I'm already used to the RH-3. If you look on here and Harmony Central, I was one of the bigger complainers about there not being a semi-weighted more than 61 keys BECAUSE I play organ and fast leads. At first, the leads sounded choppy but now I've adjusted and I'm about 99% there. The RH-3 *IS* a little sluggish on key return compared to a semi-weighted but everything we play is do-able with the RH-3.

I'd say get it, practice on it for some time before purchasing some type of additional controller. You'll be surprised. I was.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again great news thanks!
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starlin wrote:
Quick question McHale...the 'official sheet music' for Foreplay - does it have the huge organ part in the beginning or did you get it by ear/chord chart?

NO idea. I don't read sheet music and learned the thing by ear. I learned it a long time ago by listening to it over and over and over. Now, you can watch a ton of youtube clips that show you how it's done - slowly. It's pretty easy once you get the basic riff down.
Starlin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough, thanks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: