Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why is there no Volume Pedal in the effects section?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Why is there no Volume Pedal in the effects section? Reply with quote

Just a random thought...

Why is there no volume pedal in the effects section that you could throw at the end of your master effects (TFX2) that you could assign the expression pedal to? Wouldn't have have been killer easy? Or at least give the ability to assign the expression pedal to the Master Volume setting after TFX2... How about adding Volume as a 'destination' in the Dynamic MIDI tab.

I use my expression pedal for wah, leslie manual speed, misc. effects etc so I can't dedicate it to act like a volume pedal.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is there no Volume Pedal in the effects section? Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
Just a random thought...

Why is there no volume pedal in the effects section that you could throw at the end of your master effects (TFX2) that you could assign the expression pedal to? Wouldn't have have been killer easy? Or at least give the ability to assign the expression pedal to the Master Volume setting after TFX2...

I use my expression pedal for wah, leslie manual speed, misc. effects etc so I can't dedicate it to act like a volume pedal.

-Mc

Try this and let me know if it works for you:

1. Set TFX2 to effect 002, Stereo Compressor.
2. In the Stereo Compressor, set the Ratio to 1:1.
This means that the compressor won't have any effect.
3. Set the Gain Adjust [dB] to whatever you want your minimum level to be.
4. Set the Gain Adjust DMod source to Foot Pedal (CC#4), assuming that this is the function you've assigned to the foot pedal.
5. Set the Amount to whatever you want your maximum level to be.

That should do it; let me know.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You, my friend are a genius!

The 0db to FULL range that seemed to be dead on for a volume pedal is -inf to +39 (at least on the couple patches I tried it on). I saved it as a preset and I'm in business.

Thanks Dan, that solved a WHOLE lot of hassle for me!

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
You, my friend are a genius!

The 0db to FULL range that seemed to be dead on for a volume pedal is -inf to +39 (at least on the couple patches I tried it on). I saved it as a preset and I'm in business.

Thanks Dan, that solved a WHOLE lot of hassle for me!

-Mc

Great, I'm glad that I could help!

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading through so many garbage threads (mainly on *other* forums, it must be said), it is so refreshing to come across this little gem. Here we have an experienced user, asking a very specific question, getting a very detailed answer from a Korg representative, and everyone learns a little bit more about how to operate this behemoth.

Just imagine if all threads had this signal to noise ratio!
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge +1
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

I recently answered a similar question at Karma-Lab Forums from an OASYS user who wanted to do something similar, but different: cross-fade the volumes of two timbres in a combi using the footpedal. I offered a similar solution, involving two stereo limiters with the parameters set up in an inverse relationship, such that as you raise the pedal, one fades out and the other fades in. You might find that useful as well:

http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18179

CfNorENa wrote:

One can only hope. Wink

Mystic38

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

And then there is the "sod it, why didn't I think of that"...Smile

CfNorENa wrote:
After reading through so many garbage threads (mainly on *other* forums, it must be said), it is so refreshing to come across this little gem. Here we have an experienced user, asking a very specific question, getting a very detailed answer from a Korg representative, and everyone learns a little bit more about how to operate this behemoth.

Very Happy Very Happy
Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
+1

I recently answered a similar question at Karma-Lab Forums from an OASYS user who wanted to do something similar, but different: cross-fade the volumes of two timbres in a combi using the footpedal. I offered a similar solution, involving two stereo limiters with the parameters set up in an inverse relationship, such that as you raise the pedal, one fades out and the other fades in. You might find that useful as well:

http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18179

Excellent explanation on how to do that Stephen. I have a combi where I go back and forth between some progs and other progs. This will work perfectly, substituting the pedal switch it on/off mode for that.

Awesome. thanks for pointing this thread out.

-Mc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: