Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TRUE OR FALSE?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
karmathanever you are good man but you sound like a lawer ...
Laughing

Hi duby2 - yes, we probably do break the law and often unknowingly. In my country, the proprietor of the venue has to pay for performance licenses (not the musicians), however, if a band puts on its own performance, then they need a license. With our childrens' performing arts school we paid hefty annual fees purely for each annual performance - the fines are destructive. So I like to be on the side of the law whenever possible. I earn too little from my music as it is without incurring fines. The "vocal" removing from professional recordings used in performances has to be against copyright. Most copyright statements (on CDs/DVDs etc..) prohibit the copying in whole or in part which definitely would apply to vocal removal.

I am sure there are thousands who do it though, and hence, thousands of musicians with unpaid royalty payments....

Yep - it's a very grey area - don't know if it will ever make sense.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete. Like you say, this seems to be a pretty grey area, but I wonder if "copying in whole or in part" extends to using a track with deleted vocals in live performance as opposed to actually copying in the sense of making a new recording, putting on one's own vocal, and selling it. To me, in that situation, 'using' and 'copying' are not quite the same thing, i.e., you're not, in live performance, actually 'copying', are you?

I'm too law-abiding to try such a thing myself, but I'm curious just the same.

Now just in case anyone thinks I'm a lawyer - NOT! - I would be interested to hear from anyone here who is one.

Gets interesting, doesn't it?
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: just money Reply with quote

a freinds of mine is a karaoke person. and he was ask if he had License or a Permit to play music in a Restaurant, he said he was hire Private person , not the restaurant,, its all about money ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: