Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Workflow Using Korg Workstation - Writing/Production

View previous topic :: View next topic  
permofryed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Workflow Using Korg Workstation - Writing/Production Reply with quote

There has possibly been a thread covering this in the past, but I could not find one that dug into specifics.

I would like to discuss/learn about varying methods of songwriting/production using a Korg Workstation (KRONOS, M3, OASYS, etc). The reason I am posting this in the KRONOS section is that it offers the most recent feature palet that may be mentioned/considered in the discussion. With so many ways to record, sequence and arrange musical ideas using a KORG workstation, I think it would interesting to hear about which tools/features you use and where in the process you use them.

In an attempt to prevent leaving things open for interpretation I have put together a basic template so that certain bits of information are included/covered in each response:

Setup/Style:
Genre: (Electronic, Rock, Hip Hop, Score, etc)
Sub-genre: (House, Trance, DnB, Classic Rock, Metal, TV, Ad, etc)
Sequencer: (Internal Sequencer, DAW, other hardware sequencer)

Process:
"Start": (Beat making, melody, sound design, building a combi, anything)
"Middle": Your workflow once you've got started
"End": Mixdown/Master (internally bounce to 2 ch audio, record individual tracks [with or without fx] to DAW, internally bounce individual tracks the load in DAW, etc)

When contributing, always try to keep this question in mind: Why?

Thank you for contributing.
Live Suite 8 w/M4L / Logic Studio / iMac i7 Quad Core 8G RAM / MBP 2.4 4G RAM / Korg KRONOS-61 / APC40 / MPD18 / BCR2000 /nano Kontrol&Key / Roland Juno 106 / Moog Minitaur / TC Electronic StudioKonekt 48/ other random gear, guitars, drums and software

www.neilbufkin.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: