Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My own little review

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stalian87

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: My own little review Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd give my review of the Pa3x.

I received mine on Tuesday and i must I'm very impressed. I'm sure a lot of you know that im pretty handy when it comes to style creating etc...and this Keyboard is fantastic for editing just about anything you want.

I think I understand why there are a lot of negative reviews out there. I need to point out that this keyboard is a monster with endless options and if you don't know how to use this keyboard properly it was just sound....well ordinary!

I spent 12 hours on it yesterday just tweaking sounds and master effects etc. and now it sounds fantastic! I must say, out of the box, although i was quite impressed, it wasn't quite the sound I was hoping for but now after a bit of tweaking it's sounds awesome.

I say to you all, don't be disappointed at the overall sound of everything when you first get it. This Keyboard isn't meant to be a "ready to play out of the box" keyboard. This is for professionals who like making things their own.
I love the fact that i had to edit and tweak straight away, it makes me feel that my keyboard is now unique!

Im also impressed and a lot of the new styles in the keyboard, there are some really nice jazz and swing type styles and also very nice latin ones.

one thing that really impressed me was the TC Helicon stuff. the mic sounds fantastic when plugged in to the keyboard. It has a very warm sound which is really nice and the harmony's are very good!

The interface is very easy to navigate. It's pretty much the same as all the previous PA keyboards which makes things a lot easier.

Im not sure what else to say really. First thoughts are that this keyboard is certainly an improvement to the previous PA keybaords and although there might be a couple bugs to sort out, theres nothing major. I'll be uploading some songs for you guys to hear a bit later tonight.

Any questions, please ask away!

Thanks,
Sal
UKSimon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sal,

I picked up mine on Monday and am tweaking stuff as well. Could you give us a general idea of what sort of things you've been changing? it is styles, effects or the MAXX audio stuff?

Cheers

Simon
pemaleso

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Monday too Reply with quote

I have mine since monday too.

As i work 8-17 and have a litlle baby, i don't have much time, 2 days 22>02 o'clock, and i'm almost sleeping during the day, but hoping for 17h to go home and play again!

Thank's for your review!
stalian87

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon,

I've been tweaking everything to be honest. Nearly every style that i use i've tweaked. most of them it's just effects including the Maxx audio stuff. The Maxx audio in the Keyboard is bloody fantastic by the way. There is soo much scope for change!

I've also edited a couple styles. for Example i use a style called Tarantella as i play at a lot of Italian weddings and now it sounds perfect. I'll record a song and upload it later.

Sal
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But MAXX aduio is only available for the final audio and is a global setting, afaik, it is not available for a style by style basis, how did you manage to tweak it for individual styles? Or was that a mistyping?
stalian87

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it's a typo. I just meant i was tweaking it in general Smile

Sorry
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool...I thought I had missed something in the manual!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: