Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Horns, Saxes, etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not always a case of how the brass, strings or whatever sound, it's down to how you play them... Don't expect to play a basic triad and get a decent big brass sound in return. Break it down into individual instruments in their correct range, and you can get great results whether it's a Korg, Roland or Yamaha.
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronik wrote:
It's not always a case of how the brass, strings or whatever sound, it's down to how you play them... Don't expect to play a basic triad and get a decent big brass sound in return. Break it down into individual instruments in their correct range, and you can get great results whether it's a Korg, Roland or Yamaha.

And that works well in a sequencing/recording environment.
I'm looking at using these patches live. And yes I know it's pretty much impossible to split up a brass section into different horns while playing a chord.

How do they sound as solo instruments? Are there any tricks to learn to make them sound authentic?
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the ARX-03 Brass expansion board for the Fantom G series does do exactly that... it actively voices the choice of individual instruments to place indvidual "players" intelligently across a chord when you play it.
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveBoulden wrote:
I believe the ARX-03 Brass expansion board for the Fantom G series does do exactly that... it actively voices the choice of individual instruments to place indvidual "players" intelligently across a chord when you play it.

That's pretty cool - wish there was an option like that on Kronos.

I did happen to notice on page 788 or the Kronos Parameter Guide: Global P6: Options Info, that you can purchase different plug-ins/options (like in the Oasys) when/if they become available. So I guess it's possible they could do a brass/reed modelling engine. I know there was that option for the Oasys, but I can't find any video/audio links anywhere that show what it could do.

Edit:
Guess that was just a sample library for the Oasys, Pretty sure it's already included in the Kronos.
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
ddavilyx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron, actually they are just as good. And yes, I "am" bragging about them.
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddavilyx wrote:
aron, actually they are just as good. And yes, I "am" bragging about them.

I have used the brass on my motif ES rack, and think the same about them as I do most other brass sounds. I currently use my triton brass over the motif ones, but its because I'm buried in a 7-piece band anyway =P.

I have not used the ones from motifator...right when I started to get around to learning about how to load sounds into the motif and such - i got word of the kronos. Prolly going to sell my es rack anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: