Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting my new K88 in Denver on Monday!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arapahoe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Getting my new K88 in Denver on Monday! Reply with quote

I must say after reading all the posts about the Kronos the thing I'm most uneasy about is the saving and loading of files.

Did I read the manual right where they only give you one bank to save sounds in U-G i think and it's formatted for HD-1 only??? So no way to save EXs sounds to a bank unless you reformat the whole bank?

Also, it seems like from the manual that when you want to load up a song or combi you actually have to go through the load process many times to make sure you have all of the correct saved files loaded. Seems daunting.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Kronos, Korg created a bunch of new sounds and included all of the sounds that created for the OASYS. There are so many sounds that Korg had to exclude some sounds just to leave the Program User-G bank open (they are on the hard drive).

Hardware companies like Korg have a no-win situation. If they don't create enough factory sounds people are unhappy because they don't like having empty sound banks. If they create too many factory sounds some people are unhappy because they want more empty sound banks.

Changing a bank from EXi to HD-1 isn't very hard.

I think there will be some learning curve for people in terms of loading sounds/banks, but it should be manageable.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: