Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Availability of 73 key versions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theshinenz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Availability of 73 key versions Reply with quote

I've been hanging out since the day the Kronos was released back in January to purchase a Kronos 73. My supplier ordered a bunch of Kronos back at Namm. First i got told May, then June, then early July, but still nothing even though sweetwater and Nova Musik got some. Getting really frustrating, and locally here in Australia its even worse, they are saying mid August. I have been lucky enough to spend a couple of hours on the Kronos 61 today, as they have 1 as a demo here in Brisbane.

The positive is that Korg ae selling more than they can make so its bound to get a lot for support with such a large user base.

Is anyone else also waiting on the 73 version? If my supplier doesnt have them by now does it mean they wont be here till the next shipment and if so when is that happening? I even considered importing direct from Japan, but have yet to find a store that will export and that speaks english.

Siiiiiigh.....
Sad
dregsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to believe this is my first post here. I've had a 73 ordered from GC for months now. My rep tells me they will absolutely, positively and with no doubt be shipping on July 15th. Rolling Eyes They are getting 11 73's and I'm 10th on the list so it's going to be close.

I'm coming out of hiding now to prepare for the upcoming delivery. I may need to ask a question or two. Wink

Thanks to all those that contribute here BTW. It's been an invaluable resource in my decision to buy a Kronos.
TonyP66

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday a couple of them where delivered here in the Netherlands. I heard of two dealers receiving on. One of those two was so cool te sell me his just received 73!

Korg Kronos 73 | Hammond SK1 | Yamaha MO6 | NEO Ventilator | UE5pro monitors
Rockitman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Have 73 Reply with quote

I have my Kronos 73 here in FL. it actually arrived July 1st from Nova Musik. I have been out of town on vacation, I just got back and it's time to open the box!
theshinenz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I'm sooooo jealous.....Fingers crossed that my dealer will receive thm the same time as GC does!! Cant wait until mid August for Australian release thats just tooooo long. And I think the music store would get annoyed i i went in there every weekend and sat there on their Kronos. LOL Mind you I knew more than the sales guy did about the Kronos and Motif XF, one person there even borrowed my Ultrasone headphones to listen to the XF8 and walked out with one, then they preordered the Kronos 88,....think that salesman owes me something Smile
donjuancarlos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered one from GC a week ago. 2 different people told me I'd be on the 15th shipment. But if they are only getting 15, I'm a little dubious. Here's hoping...
Rockitman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: 73 is alive Reply with quote

Okay my 73 is out of the box and in the studio. I really like the action of the RH3 73 keyboard. The Kronos is one great looking synth. I am glad i got the 73 instead of the 61. So far the sounds are great. It might be a late night tonite....
TheZombieHolocaust

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: 73 is alive Reply with quote

Rockitman wrote:
Okay my 73 is out of the box and in the studio. I really like the action of the RH3 73 keyboard. The Kronos is one great looking synth. I am glad i got the 73 instead of the 61. So far the sounds are great. It might be a late night tonite....

post some sounds in my can i hear your kronos thread!
Anukis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason at Musiclink confirmed it would be last week of July or beg August. John Grant confimed this when I spoke to him last week. So as of now there should be no delay as they are probably on there way.

BillyHyde have 2 allocations for 73's and Musiclab have 2 (1 of those is mine) and the rest are going to Sydney/Melbourne so if you want one order it now otherwise you'll have to wait.

Just out of curiousity who was the sales guy at musiclab? Being one of top 3 high end musicshops in Australia, they are all highly qualified and humble. I find it hard to believe that unless you were talking to someone who was not in the keyboard dep which you wouldn't do if you were serious about the K73, that they didn't know their stuff.

Paul at musiclab knows more than anyone does in Brisbane about the Kronos since they flew him to Melbourne to see the pre-release so if you're serious about buying one, talk to him. I can assure you, he knows more than you do and can sell them without the need of a set of headphones or passing viewers. Musiclab sold the highest number of Oasys's in Australia to date buddy. They're are also the biggest selling Yamaha retaliers for high end audio in Australia.

Maybe you should go there and play it and test it everday so that more people come in a buy 2 high end keyboards at once then they'll really owe you ONE Kronos. I'm sure they won't get sick of you then.
Fantom G8
Fantom G7
theshinenz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate...

I have nothing against anyone at Musiclab, in fact I think they are the best music store in Brisbane. Looking back at my message it does sound a bit cocky so I take that back, the guys there know a lot. I just happened to be close by to the people interested to answered a number of questions they had regarding the K and Motif.

I've bought a number of items through musiclab, two synths and various other stuff, if i'm going to buy locally I'll always go through them as they are very competitive with pricing and always friendly and helpful. However I was told they are expecting the Kronos mid august, and I really don't wanna wait that long so will probably end up importing if the dates are too different.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: