Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issue Saving Favorites

View previous topic :: View next topic  
auricom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Issue Saving Favorites Reply with quote

Hi I'm having a strange issue w/ my brand spanking new SV188 and wondering if anyone else is.

This unit is two days old, I have upgraded to the 1.2 OS and Sound Pack #2, and can reproduce this issue after a fresh reload of the sound pack.

When I try to save a favorite, all variables are saved correctly excepty for the 'variation' knob on the 'Sound' panel. It seems to randomly jump to another one of the varioation settings.

Steps to reproduce.

1. Turn on keyboard and star up editor
2. Load Sound Pack #2.
3. Shut down editor, turn off keyboard.
4. restart keyboard
5. On the 'sound' panel, select 'Piano' and 'Variation 4'
6. Hold down 'Favorite 1' until it starts to flash, press again quickly.
7. Favorite #1 is now saved, however Variation is set to '2' instead of '4'.

Tried this with most of the instruments.. If I have variation '4' selected, it saves '2'.. If I have '2' selected, it saves '1'..

Am I just being obtuse and doing something wrong, or is this bugged, or are other people having this issue as well? It's not preventing me from using the board, but it makes the 'favorites' feature mostly useless..

I'm going to call Korg on this one, of course they are closed until Monday.

Love they keyboard tho, i don't have any of the 'clicky key' issues others are having.. and hope it stays that way .. hah!
auricom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I've come to the conclusion that this is a bug in soundpack 1 and sound pack 2 that is not present in the factory sound bank..

however that being said, the proper *sound* is saved to the favorite, the indicator light just indicates the wrong sound.. so while this does not affect the overall usability of the instrument, it's a rather glaring and annoying UI bug.. here's hoping korg fixes it in sound bank 3
davidt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed I have this problem too. Nearly drove me mad until I found this topic. It's still pretty distracting to have wrong variation come up on the LEDs. SV-1 73, SP2, OS1.2

Surely this sort of problem should be fixed in an update or something?

David
velour100

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

This is an issue, since somewhere 2010. And Korg knows about it, but is not able, or willing to solve it.

So.. I guess you have to learn to live with it.

There is topic about when Korg is releasing an new OS and/or releasing a new soundpack. Anyway, we don't get any anwsers for that either..

Hope I have give you enough info on this.

Good luck, and enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: