Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For Kronos OWNERS: Are you genuinely happy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy with your Kronos?
Hell Yes ! It exceeds my expectations ! :-)
57%
 57%  [ 33 ]
It's about as good as I thought it would be ;-)
29%
 29%  [ 17 ]
I am not sure yet - too early to tell... :-|
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
I am not as impressed as I'd hoped to be :-(
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
I don't like it and made a mistake :-<
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 57

lesfarrington

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: kronos satisfaction so far....... Reply with quote

at first i was disappointed with the small size of the Screen Edit fields, but i am getting over that because IT SOUNDS SO GOOD. i sold my S90es and Little Phatty to buy the Kronos and it was HARD letting go of my Phatty.
SO, i bought a Prophet 08 and got it to the studio 2 days ago. i have been doing some comparisons and discovered that THE KRONOS REALLY DOES HOLD ITS OWN AGAINST ONE OF THE BEST ANALOG SYNTHS EVER MADE-THE PROPHET 08 (which by the way sounds amazing to say the least).
SO i have to say THE KRONOS IS TRULY A WORK OF ART . it sounds ANALOG. the FM synth in the Kronos is simply hard to beat. i get some REALLY SICK SOUNDS OUT OF IT. i sold my yamaha FS1R a few years back and regretted it almost immediately. its so hard to find and it costs more now USED than it did new. well i can honestly say that the kronos has exceeded it.
i cant say it loud enough in print....THE KRONOS IS LEAPS AND BOUNDS ahead of anything right now. the other 3 big synth companies have got alot of work to do if they want to kick the Kronos out of the park.
i have always thought of Korg as NICE and PRETTY but not anymore.
this thing is EVERYTHING in one box.
AMAZING doesnt come close to describing it.
i have been using synths since 1980. this is the most impressive ive come across and does it ALL PERFECTLY.
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool beans, hot sounds!

Great posts! I was going to start a thread asking for more user reviews. I've been feeling a bit cheated- hanging out for many months on this forum, even when folks were getting a bit churlish and bad-tempered/impatient, and there hasn't been enough reviews (for me!) from all of you.

So keep these reviews coming and coming! Esp. as you explore new ground on this ground breaking board!

Randy
iixorbiusii

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randelph wrote:
...Great posts! I was going to start a thread asking for more user reviews. ...

Hi,

I know what you mean! I thought 'hang on' - there should be a flood of reviews by now. I thought to myself that perhaps people were too disappointed to bring themselves to write anything, hence I created this poll with 'easy' responses. Turns out people are probably too busy enjoying their new Kron-i to waste time writing reviews here Very Happy Looks like a positive response all round (still would be interested to hear from the 'disappointed' minority though, as to why they feel they made a purchasing error!)

I'm personally still going to squeeze some more juice from the M3 before I move over to the K.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will certainly give some more feedback over time, but I must confess that working my way into the Kronos (with a steep learning curve if you are completely new to the Korg/Oasys/Kronos system architecture like me, and with a lot of fun at the same time) can take most of the time you would need to spend for reviews.

I have my Kronos 73 since a few days, and read a small portion of the German manual (~270 pages) and the English parameter guide (more than 1100 pages), while trying all sorts of things, from listening through the sounds and editing sounds, over checking the different engine structures, trying the sequencer, importing some samples, up to trying the midi driver etc. etc.

Can you imagine that writing in review style during such days is easier said than done Smile ? Ironically this happens exactly at the beginning when everybody is waiting for more feedback. I guess former Oasys owners with a Kronos have a clear knowledge advantage at this point in time.
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iixorbiusii wrote:
Randelph wrote:
...Great posts! I was going to start a thread asking for more user reviews. ...

Hi,

I know what you mean! I thought 'hang on' - there should be a flood of reviews by now. I thought to myself that perhaps people were too disappointed to bring themselves to write anything, hence I created this poll with 'easy' responses. Turns out people are probably too busy enjoying their new Kron-i to waste time writing reviews here Very Happy

I'm personally still going to squeeze some more juice from the M3 before I move over to the K.

Yeah, I'm living vicariously through this forum. I've got the M3 as well and plan on getting a Kronos eventually, but don't have the funds.

I also have a Nord Stage which I absolutely love, which has been a good counter point to the overwhelming amount of technology (for me) in the M3/Kronos. I'm guessing that hearing glowing reports will help me overcome my reluctance to jump in the deep end, but for the time being I'm still really appreciating the immediacy of the Nord interface in all its simplicity.

It takes me a long time to evaluate sounds, create Combis, organize my Favorites, etc.. I guess I'm a tactile kind of learner, kind of like a cat?, it takes me awhile to "hear" what I'm hearing in all dimensions: how a sound plays/feels in the left hand part of the register, the right hand, how it plays solo, how it cuts thru in a noisy jam, different ways of re-discovering a sound based on how its played, the best controllers for that sound, how it combines with other sounds, how to get a full sound without muddying it up (something I've had to unlearn from the bad old days when keyboards had thin sounds and you had to layer just to get something full sounding), and one of the trickiest things, how similar sounds within the same category compare and which to use in what setting. That's a huge undertaking in and of itself when there are thousands of sounds and unlimited sound design capabilities!

Jim Knopf wrote:
Quote:
I will certainly give some more feedback over time, but I must confess that working my way into the Kronos (with a steep learning curve if you are completely new to the Korg/Oasys/Kronos system architecture like me, and with a lot of fun at the same time) can take most of the time you would need to spend for reviews.

I have my Kronos 73 since a few days, and read a small portion of the German manual (~270 pages) and the English parameter guide (more than 1100 pages), while trying all sorts of things, from listening through the sounds and editing sounds, over checking the different engine structures, trying the sequencer, importing some samples, up to trying the midi driver etc. etc.

Can you imagine that writing in review style during such days is easier said than done Smile ? Ironically this happens exactly at the beginning when everybody is waiting for more feedback. I guess former Oasys owners with a Kronos have a clear knowledge advantage at this point in time.

True all that! I would say though, that there's value also in documenting what it is taking you to get up to speed with the Kronos. I wish more people would do more blog style writing, 'cause a lot of the talk on forums is all about specific problems or reviews (which is great), but what is often glossed over or not covered at all is what people are trying to do with their boards and how they're doing it.

I WASTED tons of time with my first workstation 'cause I didn't know how to approach the gargantuan task of making it mine, and it would have been helpful to hear other peoples approaches to relating to so much capability.

I have to say too that its a real pleasure having so many power users on this forum- getting an inside peek into their approach to things can be a real inspiration. I've noticed many times in many different fields how some people have a straight arrow means of doing what they want that typically takes 1/2 to 1/3 as much time as my approach takes, so I'm always open ears for a more time-efficient way of approaching things.

And, like I found with keeping an academic journal of the ins and outs of being a student (which I shared with my advisor), that actually helped me in the long run with staying on task with my studies-

So at some point, when you do have more time for writing, I hope you'll share your ambitions and discoveries!

Randy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: