Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 5th leg in the cat....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cachete1966

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: The 5th leg in the cat.... Reply with quote

Hi...

I still without my kronos...

When travel to any country with... I will buy it...!!

The topic is this...

I read to many thing about this key.
Sometimes is too much.. Its like to find a 5th leg in a cat..!!

Th knobs, the sliders, the screen angle or the font size, the way to select the sounds, the vector joystick.. And many many more " legs".....

Do you remember the M1.....??
Or DX7...?

Of course ... In the pre internet age... But..

The people was happy with the sound.... With the little poliphony... The mini sequencer, dont graphics screen and without touchscreen... No sliders or knobs ...( well 1slider).... The buttons... The weight...
What matters?? The most important are the sound.! The people love this sounds....

And Korg sell millions M1.

Now. We have the sounds..!! Incredible sounds....!!

And the people said...

I dont like the knobs..
I dont like the screen..
I dont like....

Sorry people...

This machine is for DO MUSIC..!

Have the sound that you looking for?
Have a very good keys?
Have a perfect conection between sound, keys and your hands??

This is the really import.

Is like a car report...

" i don like the brown color in the seats......."

With a 1% of techlology kronos... Too many artist do a biggers musicals hits.

Is not the technology itself....
Is .. What can do with this....!!

Thanks.
Bigger musical hits
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the thing about the M1 and the DX7 is that none of us had much to compare it with at that time. It was all fresh and new. Not to mention that we had no real way to collaborate about such things....no Internet, no KorgForums...it was all word of mouth and a trip to Guitar Center. These days, we have decades of competitive products and historical references to compare these things to, and with these forums, and YouTube, and Google, we have easy access to analyze and debate the merits of one feature over another.

After almost 35 years of buying and playing electronic music equipment....I think its normal that I (speaking for myself here) have an opinion about whether I like or dislike the knobs, or screen, or whatever, in comparison to dozens of other competing and historical products I have used. In some ways we are all on a quest for the "perfect instrument", the "ultimate set up", the "sweet spot". Yet just about every keyboard seems to fall short of that mark in some way or another.

However....as far as the overall point you were making....about the music being the number one thing, and how exceptional the power and resources in the Kronos are, as compared to, say, an M1.....I could not agree with you more! Very Happy
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
cachete1966

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi... The comparative between m1 and kronos is not the thing...

Is a example only..

The problems is ....

The people lost the perspective....

The people critic some insignificant thing....

Not important thing....
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think a lot of the criticism is from a little wishful thinking... hoping that by posting it here, Korg will see it and fix it, update the OS to include new features, or redesign parts they feel are "cheap" or faulty. And we're a little spoiled because a lot of the time Korg actually listens to what people say here (like how they redesigned the data wheel because so many people were having issues with it), so people post TONS of things, whatever pops into their head. I know I have addressed the sound browser and the fact that there are a million GM sounds in the middle of the other programs... and i personally hoped that some Korg rep would see and say "hmmmm Gargamel's got a point there, let's change this in the next OS patch!" But again, that's my wishful thinking there, and most likely nothing will ever come of it because i'm just some silly username on a forum. But who knows, maybe they will...

But this is a discussion forum, and 95% of the people who post in here do it to discuss...perhaps for no other reason than that they are bored and want to talk about the Kronos! But now that the Kronos is out to customers, i'm sure there will be less pointless discussion, and more tech support-type posts in the near future since more people will be playing with their beloved Kronos instead of discussing it. Plus i think a lot of people feel like if they're paying $3000-$4000 for anything it should look and feel like it cost $3000-$4000, so if they're disappointed in something, they chime in. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

BTW i LOVE the sliders on the Kronos, they feel and move great. Don't know what people have against them. There doesn't seem to be anything cheap at all about them.
cachete1966

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your post..!

I hope that korg fix the bugs in the kronos.... Like the datawheel...

And fix os bug... Or not.... Upgrade the os to news improvements.. Like a zoom in the screen.. Or new synthesis... Like brass? Or woodwinds? Free or extracharge... . I dont know... But dont freeze this machine for a lot of years....

And the users of the forum ... To questions or anwser to how work... Or new ideas like the upgrade the memory.... And how knows..... I think that is the way...

And not stop with little critics in cosmetics details.... Critics only for critics...
Is better post userful ideas to the users and korg....

You know that korg dont change the size of the knobs or sliders. .....

My be the next top workstation they do that... But kronos stay like is in this moment.

If they change something.... Could be the datawhell brand... But not the size..

You understand me?

To be realist.!

Korg will change not structural thing in kronos .... All th units will be the same.... With little improvements like os update.... May be a little edition with a silver color.... But dont a swivel screen like oasys...
cachete1966

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg isa good brand...

I love this keys...

I still have a korg ds8.... Fm synth

I remember th dw8000 or poly800...

This is my favorite brand in keys.

And this forums is excelent way to and receive information...

If use well.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: