Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm running out of notes on some programs within my K88

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hal2001

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: I'm running out of notes on some programs within my K88 Reply with quote

On some programs/patches/voices I lose ability to play them on the lowest octave and highest octave on my 88 keys. Is this normal? I.e. Choose "036: Dirty Guitar + AC30" on Program Bank I-D and it runs out of notes below C2 and above C6. Above and below those points I get a different patch sound or noise, clicks, etc. I have found this on some, not all, guitars (e.g also try 035: Glassy Strat also on Bank I-D, or 030: Electric guitar + Twin Bank I-D). I have encountered it on some other program banks too. I would appreciate it if you would check your K88 and see if you have the same experience. If so, what is the explanation? Is there a purpose to this? Or is this a fault?
sani

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is certainly not a faulty behavior. It has to do something with the fact that those emulated instruments in real don't go beyond a certain tone/key range. So there is no point having the sound stretched across the whole 88 keyrange.
doogler63

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes my Kronos 88 does exactly the same thing but I’m not sure what the other clicks are supposed to be but, if you hit the very bottom key (A note) while using the programs you have mentioned you will hear the sound like a guitar slide .lm not sure why but mine does the same so don’t worry .

Cheers

Robert

Razz
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doogler63 wrote:
Yes my Kronos 88 does exactly the same thing but I’m not sure what the other clicks are supposed to be but, if you hit the very bottom key (A note) while using the programs you have mentioned you will hear the sound like a guitar slide .lm not sure why but mine does the same so don’t worry .

Cheers

Robert

Razz

I know on my Triton Extreme and M50 some keys are assigned to special guitar 'effect' sounds. These keys are out of the normal range of a guitar sound anyway.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hal2001

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: So it looks like this is normal Reply with quote

Thanks for checking. I had wondered if these instruments were split into zones for different effects or if the programmers just thought it was not appropriate to go beyond a certain level. Personally, I would have preferred a continuous extension of the notes. Even if they didn't exist on an actual guitar, it would have been cool to go beyond the frets (if that's what's gooing on, I'm stil not sure) and create unique sounds still derived from the chosen patch. I'm glad you let me know there's nothing wrong with my board.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: So it looks like this is normal Reply with quote

Hal2001 wrote:
Thanks for checking. I had wondered if these instruments were split into zones for different effects or if the programmers just thought it was not appropriate to go beyond a certain level. Personally, I would have preferred a continuous extension of the notes. Even if they didn't exist on an actual guitar, it would have been cool to go beyond the frets (if that's what's gooing on, I'm stil not sure) and create unique sounds still derived from the chosen patch. I'm glad you let me know there's nothing wrong with my board.

I also agree to that however, to add special effect samples on certain out-of-natural-range keys I can imagine. However, not to hear anything would seem strange.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: