Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TO ALL KRONOS OWNERS!!! (trying to confirm bug)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: TO ALL KRONOS OWNERS!!! (trying to confirm bug) Reply with quote

if you see my last thread: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63380
You will see me uncover a bug that is in the kronos currently regarding the Smooth sound transitions.

I AM NOT TRYING TO BASH KORG OR THE KRONOS. IT IS THE GREATEST MACHINE!!!!!! I just want to assure myself and others that this bug IS happening for others to ensure its correcting in the next OS update which is coming apparently!

What I want you to test is:

make a new set list
choose 2 combis and one program, neither of which have karma or drum track so ensure this working correctly.
If you have a switch pedal, set it globally to program UP, if you dont, plug your sustain pedal into the switch jack and set it up
make slot one the combi. make slot two the program, and make slot three the combi.
Play some chord stabs on slot one (lets do a Cm for good measure which is c d# and g) play about three of these and then PRESS THE PEDAL to get to slot two. now play a melodic line (no chords) do this at a moderate tempo. try play D# d c a# c g then immediately press the pedal WHILE HOLDING DOWN THE LAST NOTE.
did SST work? if it did or didnt, post it here.

thanks for testing this out!

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres an audio example or what to play to test it

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3657402/SST%20problem.mp3

Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
theshinenz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do know that SST will only work between two consecutive slots and not a third unless you give it time? I dont have a K et so cannot comment on any bugs though. I recall someone discussing about the SST slots a while ago though.
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theshinenz wrote:
You do know that SST will only work between two consecutive slots and not a third unless you give it time? I dont have a K et so cannot comment on any bugs though. I recall someone discussing about the SST slots a while ago though.

not exactly. if the first sound is already killed off the third should work apparently (see other thread)

Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump. would love input

vstkeys

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, what kind of f%$@up quality is that? Oh yea we can all pretend we understand what you are talking about lol. Sorry I think it will be way betrter if you do a video (any cheap quality will do). So that you can show what is going on when you press , won't take more than 10 mins + you will get many imput on this as not everyone that's got a kronos is religiously logging in here . All the best hope it is not a bug
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vstkeys wrote:
OMG, what kind of f%$@up quality is that? Oh yea we can all pretend we understand what you are talking about lol. Sorry I think it will be way betrter if you do a video (any cheap quality will do). So that you can show what is going on when you press , won't take more than 10 mins + you will get many imput on this as not everyone that's got a kronos is religiously logging in here . All the best hope it is not a bug

Im sorry I did not know your ears are retarded! Can you cannot hear when the sst cuts out when its not supposto? The reason its low quality is because you dont need HQ just to hear it cut out! Next time ill upload a full 24 bit WAV so it can take a million years to load on dropbox!

HERES WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO TEST IT.

PUT THREE DIFFERENT PROGRAMS IN SETLIST MODE AND STEP THROUGH THEM. DID IT SST? GOOD!
PUT A THREE DIFFERENT COMBIS NOW.... PLAY CHORDS ON THE FIRST ONE.... A MELODIC LINE ON THE SECOND ONE.. AND WHILE HOLDING DOWN THE NOTE. PRESS THE PEDAL? DID IT SST? WRITE IT HERE.

DO THE SAME AS ABOVE EXCEPT WITH
COMBI > PROGRAM > COMBI

clearly VSTkeys cannot freaking read the original post.
It is important that we know this is a bug that way it can be corrected, i apologize for the convenience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: