Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CX-3 Organ Issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackdogmusic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: CX-3 Organ Issue Reply with quote

Good Evening,

I am wondering if anyone knows what might be going on here. I had the Kronos 61 and played two live gigs with this keyboard. On one of those gigs I was using CX-3 Organ 888SW1.

At random points in the performance the organ sound just stopped working. Initially I thought it was a monitor problem, however, I was able to resolve the problem by switching programs in setlist and going back to the organ. At this point I was using the RD-700GX as a midi controller and thought maybe there were some midi issues contributing to the problem.

Last night, however, I played my first gig with Kronos 73, the only keyboard I used that night with no midi connections. At one point I had the same issue and again resolved the problem by switching programs in setlist and back. In this instance I noticed it happened after I hit the joystick up to speed up the simulated leslie. Not sure if I am unknowingly changing some setting or if anyone else experienced anything like this?

Any input would be appreciated!

Past Gear: Roland RD-700GXF, Korg M3 61, Yamaha CP-33, Motion Sound KT-80 Keyboard Amplifier
bousfieldj

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I have played out with my Kronos 88 a couple of time and I use the CX-3 extensively. No issues so far...

Make sure you are not accidently hitting the small joysick next to the drum track button. If you push that all the way to the right it will kill the volume ( unless you have changed the controller mappings ). It is very easy to hit that by mistake when you are changing the leslie speed with the main joystick.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like the vector joystick.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
New88KEYS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: organ sound Reply with quote

I know what's happening. Did it too at first, but figured it out. Seems like when you move joystick down to the lower right, u are changing an effect. So if you tap it down to the right again, it cancels it out and changes back to the original sound you wanted in the first place. Hope that helps. Smile
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On this particular sound, Joystick -Y (the main joystick, not the vector) enables and disables the split. Via MIDI, this is CC #2. When split is on, the lower half of the keyboard uses a very subtle drawbar setting, much quieter than the upper drawbars. I'm wondering if this could be the cause. If you're not using this feature in the sound, you can remove it easily: go to the Keyboard Split tab in the Split/Drawbars page, and to the right of the Split Enable parameter, set AMS to None.

Hope this helps!

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
blackdogmusic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, I am guessing that is the issue. When I noticed it the last time I remember bumping the joystick toward -Y. I tend to get a little wild on stage! Very Happy

I will play around with it and try your suggestion when I can finally dig the keyboard out of the trailer.

Thank you for the input!

Past Gear: Roland RD-700GXF, Korg M3 61, Yamaha CP-33, Motion Sound KT-80 Keyboard Amplifier
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I mostly do is in a combi disabling all controller per timbre (MIDI settings) to prevent accidental changes of controller values.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: