Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem Recording Kronos with Ableton Live 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
retired&wired

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
Have you tried using an External Instrument to record from Combi mode?
It works like a charm. All you have to do is select External Instrument in the Instrument drop down and then select Kronos Sound and the Audio channels that K is using.
Now you have audio and midi in one channel strip.. you can then add extra midi channel strips for your combis available channels.

Local on in K and channel strip set to off..

Lou, I am using "Ext in" in Live's input type field and the channel drop-down includes only the pairs of ins from the Presonus, namely 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8. Those are all audio input connections. Are you suggesting also connecting the Kronos via USB to the MacBook and creating a MIDI track using it as input. Would that not just input the audio from the Kronos and any soft instrument I assign to the MIDI track played by the Kronos? I don't understand how this might alleviate the problem.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I wasn't clear? .. Yes this is for midi. I see you are going straight to audio..
Below, is for setting up a "Midi Track" with audio, all in one track. (This will not give you an audio track)
--------------------------------
On the very left side in Live is your "Live Device Browser. If you drop down the "Instrument" folder, you will see 'External Instrument"
Drag it to create a Midi track. Now at the bottom, next to the "Info View", you will see a box "External Instrument" here you select Kronos Sound and the audio inputs used by Kronos and your Interface.
This will give you a Kronos midi track with audio. If you aren't using any midi connections or the Korg midi driver, this won't help you at all.

There's nothing wrong with recording straight to audio, and it's very simple to do, but you are giving up sooo much before committing to audio.
I am in no way telling you how to record. You have to do what works best for you and your flow.

For instance, using midi before audio, I can record a combi or what ever, add scene changes, filter cut offs and just about any knob or slider movement, completely change the mix, pans, volumes etc.
Quantize it all and then send this to an audio track.. If you record an audio track of a combi, thats it, you can't do any of this.. Sorry if I sound opinionated, that's not my intention. Cool
retired&wired

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
Have you tried using an External Instrument to record from Combi mode?
It works like a charm. All you have to do is select External Instrument in the Instrument drop down and then select Kronos Sound and the Audio channels that K is using.
Now you have audio and midi in one channel strip.. you can then add extra midi channel strips for your combis available channels.

Local on in K and channel strip set to off..

That works just as you described. Thanks!
The Kronos manuals should be so clearly written!
Mad Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: