Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time to get to know the Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Time to get to know the Kronos Reply with quote

I had my Kronos about 4 weeks now, I was away for 1 week camping.

That's around 30 hours of playing with the beast.

While I am still a long way off from learning how to program the multiple synth engines, I still need to spend time with the sequencer. I feel I had a major break through with performance last night.

I was getting a little worried that I would never truely be happy with the sound, but after learning how to control the beast, taming the wild, thick electronic sounds, and the over note-populated Karmafied Combi's.

I 've had to play the Kronos with a slightly different style than I've used on other keyboards, varying my performance attack and note density, and even the chord voicing I normally play.

There were times when I would stop playing because I thought I was hearing things, like some pounding on the studio door, some kind of low frequency content to the sound that just startled me. I felt removed or slightly disconnected to the Kronos, some kind of missing link between my finger, the keyboard, and my ears.

Reviewing my experiences with other keyboards, the Kronos did not take too long to learn to perform with, but it did take a little more effort to get what I wanted.

I know I have not done much more than scratch the surface, but I am starting to feel real happy with the aquistion.

The Kronos is very modern sounding and has taken a different approach than the other keyboard workstations I have.

Just trying to the share the fun!

(What have I been smoking?)

Later and Thanks Korg for the sonic adventure.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: