Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

External midi questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theshinenz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: External midi questions Reply with quote

Hi there...
I'm a new K73 owner, I have posted this question on another tread but no answer yet.

1. Has anyone else tried to switch programs/combis/setlists with external midi?

I have tried setting cc96 and cc97 in my midi controller which is working with the Kronos for other functions but it won't change the patches. I also tried a footswitch into the Kronos which i set to data inc, and it worked but still no go with midi.

2. I set the midi cc's for the pads to cc110-cc118 in the global menu and set my midi controller to send that cc with a velocity of 127, I also get nothing. I've tried this in program and combi modes and still get nothing.

I'm hoping there is something I've missed, I have a gig this weekend and am stressing as I cannot get it to do what I need.

One thing I though it may be is my midi routing except functions like sustain and modulation still work.

I have my Kronos going to midi in on my FCB1010 pedal, then midi out/thru from that going to my motif so I can control the motif the Kronos on Midi channel 12. I have the midi thru from motif to Kronos so I can control the Kronos with the FCB1010 pedal. I am using channel 1 to transmit to to the Kronos from the FCB.

Could this routing cause this problem? I have worked out I have a problem with piano phasing due to the routing being sent back into the Kronos in from the Kronos out but this is the only way I could route it to do what I need. I have since ordered a midi merger to get rid of this problem and split the signal from the pedal to both synths I am just wondring if someone knows if this could cause other problems other than the double notes causing phasing?

Thanks in advance,
Scott
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: External midi questions Reply with quote

theshinenz wrote:
1. Has anyone else tried to switch programs/combis/setlists with external midi?

I have tried setting cc96 and cc97 in my midi controller which is working with the Kronos for other functions but it won't change the patches. I also tried a footswitch into the Kronos which i set to data inc, and it worked but still no go with midi.

Yes, sending bank/program changes to the Kronos works flawlessly. When in Combi mode, it sets banks and sets program number. In Program mode, it sets banks and sets program number. In Set List mode, the bank message sets the Set List, and the program change sets slot number.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: External midi questions Reply with quote

theshinenz wrote:
2. I set the midi cc's for the pads to cc110-cc118 in the global menu and set my midi controller to send that cc with a velocity of 127, I also get nothing. I've tried this in program and combi modes and still get nothing.

Seems pretty straight forward. See Parameter guide (Page 43) and Operators guide (Page 32). This is a common setup for Korg for quite some years. Verify the incoming MIDI channel for the sound you want to trigger.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
theshinenz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI there....

I think you misunderstoo, but thanks for replying. What I am trying to do is Data Inc and Data Dec, as in mirror what the inc and dec buttons do via external midi so I can switch to the next patch rather than select a patch.

I am using cc 96 and 97 but they do not work via midi for me. It use setlist to send out a actual program bank/patch changes to my motif which works flawlessly.

Can someone confirm that these cc's do just that via external midi?

Regards
Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: