Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Latency issue?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vstkeys

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Latency issue? Reply with quote

Hi , I just got my Kronos 61 yesterday and have been playing with it at home for a few hours.
IMO the action feels weird on ac. Pianos patches as it leaves me with the impression of a little latency happening as I play fast runs. Also I found the action way too soft and repeating motivs playing jazz sounded really clumsy. I can feel something on tis keyboard is sort of holding when fast playing is required. For instance any other sounds Rhodes, bass, winds and synthd the action felt just right and perfect with great response .
So I tried a solution and went to global and tried adjusted the velocity curve from 4 to 9 which improved for the dynamics for acc. Pianos. However now e.pianos is bit weak as if you play really soft (dynamically) you may get no sound in some notes (left hand chords). But still, even after all tweakings i can still somehow fell that might be some latency issue on the piano when fast playing is required.
I come from playing a Roland fantom x7 (hate their Ac. piano), and as far as key response it feels better than the  Any ideas or am I going bananas here ?
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When playing the SGX-1 from a 61, go into the piano settings and play with VELOCITY INTENSITY. I like it in the +30 to +43 range. This will give you a wider dynamic range. You can also try setting VELOCITY BIAS down a little, maybe -5. Check out the various PIANO TYPES to find one that matches your style.

I think you're best off leaving the GLOBAL setting at 4 and use the internal parameters on the SGX-1.

Also, when you find a setting you like, just save it with the existing patch. None of the programs are in "ROM" so you should feel free to make adjustments to any of the programs.

Busch.
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curve 9 was specifically made for playing acoustic piano, delivering the most expressive control over the lower velocity range. Just FYI...

Jerry
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
Curve 9 was specifically made for playing acoustic piano, delivering the most expressive control over the lower velocity range. Just FYI...

Jerry

If I understand correctly, curve 9 was also specifically designed for the weighted keyboards in the 73- and 88-key models, and may not be as well-suited to the semi-weighted 61.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
vstkeys

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks burningbusch, I did what you told me and it feels much better now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: