Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I mad to want an Oasys as well?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
franzlp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sina ,

I think I have one up on you. I actually have 2 massive Yamaha GX-1s that I have storage with a vacuum seal . I also have my own generation plant with a flux capacity core that can produce efficient thaloron energy but of course I had to develop a wormhole to get that technology from 50 years in the future. You'll happy to know that the OASYS will be a collectors item in 50 years but it will be standing on an Ultimate Support Apex stand as we all know since those are featured in the Star Trek timeline. By the way I also have all my keyboards matrixed together into a vast network that is secretly taking over Sam Ash Music!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now franzip that is impressive! Laughing
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am waiting for a SoftSynth App for my TriCorder...works on Dilithium.
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina,

You must have a synth museum second only to Hans Zimmer. Are you really Bill Gates??? I listened to your tune on your site. Cool loops and riffs. Did you do those on all 4 of the OASYS 88s??

Jeremy,

I would say this: I have been seeing more OASYS being sold on FleaBay than ever before. I believe it was two weeks past that I saw one for 3K. I realize that not many of these were made but, nonetheless they are appearing. (There was a Matrix 12 there too that I would KILL for). The practical side of me would advise you to wait, BUT, the impulsive artist in me says you only live once so go for it. (Caveat: if you have a significant other, be VERY nice. Wink )

2011 has been a great year for keyboards with Kronos, JP80, and XF. I wish I had Sina's money!! If I did I would have the JP80 and XF. I only need one of each so Sina, if you are feeling charitable .... :p

Ahimsa,
Vlad

PS: Sina - and PLEASE don't take this as ridicule - but what could you POSSIBLY need with all of those keyboards? I have this image of you running around a warehouse sized music space frantically playing complete symphonies and rock operas one chord at a time. A little calculation reveals to me that it would take you twenty three years on all of those keyboards to complete Beethoven's Fifth and The Who's Quadrophenia! This calculation is based upon the square footage of the warehouse as well as the necessity to stop and take a slug of water every 30 seconds due to the massive heat those keys are putting out. Obviously I had to assume that with such a studio you would minize theft by not installing windows. (The kind one looks through)
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd get the Moog Voyager. So many interesting possibilities. Pity its not polyphonic.

I would also be tempted by a low cost Oasys if i ever see one for around $1500.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: