Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adjust Volume of Digital Audio Out via USB?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Adjust Volume of Digital Audio Out via USB? Reply with quote

I am using a very simple piece of software called BUTT (Broadcast Using This Tool) to live stream performances on the Internet. When connected via USB, the Kronos is selectable as an audio source within this software. It works perfectly, except that the audio is too quiet. The software does not provide a means to adjust the volume. Is there a way to adjust the Kronos digital audio output? Thank you.
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the bump ... still hoping that maybe somebody has an answer for me. Is there a way to adjust the volume of the Kronos digital out (USB), or maybe through the driver on my PC? Thank you.
mjames4208

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my signal was too hot, as well.... i went back to a stereo analog connection.
NeKo LX5, Liquid Saffire 56, Motif XS8, Kronos61, A-70, Motif-Rack, FantomXR, MPC5000, R8mkii, Komplete5/6/7/8, Trilian, Total Workstation 2, EWQL Complete Composers Collection, Arturia Mini Moog V, CS-80V, ARP2600V, Jupiter-8V, Oberheim SEM-V, Analog Laboratory, Vienna Ensemble Pro, Yamaha Montage, Epic Orchestra, Flugelhorn, Sonar X2, FW-1884, MIDI Express 128, MPC Renaissance, MachFive3, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Korg Legacy Collection, Machfive 3, Jupiter-80, Moog Sub 37,
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digital transfers are usually direct copies of the initial sound source, without any means to change levels, since then it would not be a digital copy, and there would be increased risk of distortion and degradation of the signal, as I understand it.

So you need to use whatever volume controls exist inside Kronos to adjust levels. The obvious place to start is the Master Level - the fader next to the Value slider, NOT the main volume knob. If this doesn't give you the control you need, then you can look to the level faders of each timbre/track in Combi/Seq mode, or, for example, use a Mastering Limiter as a Total Effect.

However, I suspect that you'll achieve better results by turning down the levels of other equipment that you're using for the live streaming.

jg::
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: