Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem With Pattern Recording

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven X

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Problem With Pattern Recording Reply with quote

I've had the Micro Sampler for a few days and am still getting used to its functions. I've read the manual a couple of times.

I'm trying to record a pattern to get the feel of how the machine works. I recorded a basic drum beat. Next, I recorded a bass line over that. The bass sample was played in keyboard mode. Everything good so far.

I'd now like to add a piano part to the drum and bass lines I have in the pattern. However, when I switch to keyboard mode and use the Sample Select knob to select the piano sound and then start to overdub my pattern, my bass line has changed to the piano sound.

Can you only play one sample in keyboard mode PER PATTERN or am I doing something wrong?
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you only play one sample in keyboard mode PER PATTERN or am I doing something wrong?

Yes, you can only use one sample in KEYBOARD mode. This is because the sequencer only operates on two MIDI channels, one for KEYBOARD mode, the other for SAMPLE mode. One trick you can do though is sampling the melody you're playing in KEYBOARD mode so that it gets moved into the SAMPLE section, then loop it from there.
Steven X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the reply. That makes complete sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: