Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setlist Inc and Dec via midi?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theshinenz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Setlist Inc and Dec via midi? Reply with quote

Hi....

Been scanning the manuals for this....found cc#82 is footswitch, which you can use to increment through setlists.

Can you do the opposite with another CC via midi? As in set two midi buttons on a multipedal to inc and dec values?

Cheers
Scott
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the parameter guide, page 1103.
CC 96 and 97 are for Data inc and Data dec (i.e. simulating the up/down buttons). Probably these can be used to go up/down a program (assuming the ' cursor' is on the program/combi/set list number.

Never tried it tough.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
theshinenz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Thanks for that, I'm still waiting patiently forth 73 to be released, in the meantime I want to set up pedals etc to make it as flexible as possible live.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if it works though, but if it works and together with the smooth transition and a sustain pedal I may go from two to one synth.

What kind of pedals you are using? Something like Behringer FCB1010 (I'm using those). It's very convenient. Currently I'm controlling the following items:
- Leslie Slow/Fast (with two separate switches on the FCB), because a LED on each switch shows the current speed.
- Portamento on/off
- Sustain
- Foot pedal for volume on one synth (without affecting the other)
- Foot pedal for special purposes (assigned to a CC I can use differently per combi).

But I'm going to try two switches for program up/down too.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Behringer FCB1010 ... Currently I'm controlling the following items:
- Leslie Slow/Fast (with two separate switches on the FCB), because a LED on each switch shows the current speed.
- Portamento on/off
- Sustain

I not well versed in FCB1010, but from the manual, I got the impression that only two of the foot switches could be used to send CC commands. Or do you call up different presets to get different sets of two?

michelkeijzers wrote:
Leslie Slow/Fast (with two separate switches on the FCB), because a LED on each switch shows the current speed.

As I was discussing on another thread, you can address the Kronos' lack of a visual indicator for Leslie speed by reassigning it from JS+Y to SW2 (or SW1). Then I think you'd be able to assign a single FCB1010 foot switch to send the CC for whichever SW you used, and you would have a visual indicator on the Kronos itself to let you know the current speed, and you'd only "use up" one foot switch (and not have to worry about aiming for the right one depending on which direction you needed to switch).
theshinenz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I'm using an fcb1010, and it can send cc messages on any pedal I'm pretty sure. I will be setting two banks up, one with karma scenes,patch changes, sustain and most common used functions. The other bank will be some common functions along with about 5 pedals dedicated to triggering pads so I can use them for backing chords when already playing with both hands.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
Behringer FCB1010 ... Currently I'm controlling the following items:
- Portamento on/off
- Sustain

I not well versed in FCB1010, but from the manual, I got the impression that only two of the foot switches could be used to send CC commands. Or do you call up different presets to get different sets of two?

michelkeijzers wrote:
Leslie Slow/Fast (with two separate switches on the FCB), because a LED on each switch shows the current speed.

As I was discussing on another thread, you can address the Kronos' lack of a visual indicator for Leslie speed by reassigning it from JS+Y to SW2 (or SW1). Then I think you'd be able to assign a single FCB1010 foot switch to send the CC for whichever SW you used, and you would have a visual indicator on the Kronos itself to let you know the current speed, and you'd only "use up" one foot switch (and not have to worry about aiming for the right one depending on which direction you needed to switch).

I have the so called UNO patch, which can do a little more.

Also the SW1/2 idea sounds very good, actually, one of my behringer switches is already assigned to SW1 so I don't have to get my hand from the keyboard.

theshinenz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, finally got this pedal all set up with the Kronos, had a few issues which I,ve sorted, but I cannot get it it Inc and dec with cc #96 and cc #97, has anyone tried it? I'm really keen to get it sorted, I've got it working for karma scenes and sw1 and sw2 so far. Please help, is here a place to set controller number at least increment if not decrement?

Cheers
Scott
theshinenz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh forgot to mention I DO have the UNO upgrade installed.
theshinenz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried setting my midi controller to cc82 which should be he footswitch then setting footswitch to data Inc but it didnt work, I guess this is because it's expecting he signal from the input rather than midi?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theshinenz wrote:
I tried setting my midi controller to cc82 which should be he footswitch then setting footswitch to data Inc but it didnt work, I guess this is because it's expecting he signal from the input rather than midi?

Actually it should not matter where it comes from ... I don't have a Kronos but I can check it with my M50 (however can take some time since I don't have them here now).

theshinenz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wondering if theres a checkbox somewhere or some setting that needs changing, I can send, modulation, sustain, sw1 and sw2 messages, but cannot get Inc and Dec to work nor can I get the pads cc's to respond via midi. I set the pads to cc110-cc117 but nothing when I send a velocity of 127.

Hopefully maybe Dan or Rich can help. These are two things I'd really like to have working asap for gigging....which I have one in two days....arrrgh.
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I set the pads to cc110-cc117 but nothing when I send a velocity of 127

Not sure what you're doing, exactly, but velocity is not part of a controller message.

theshinenz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jg:: wrote:
Quote:
I set the pads to cc110-cc117 but nothing when I send a velocity of 127

Not sure what you're doing, exactly, but velocity is not part of a controller message.

So then what value would I send with the cc message? 0? 1?

In the manual it says 0-127 should be the value i thought?

Cheers
Scott
theshinenz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I since got the pads working by midi, but found theres two areas I had to set the CC's up in, I still haven't come across anywhere to comfirm the CC's being 96 and 97 for program inc and dec via midi, doesn't seem to work no matter what value I send, tried 0, 1, 127 and in between.

Anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: