Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I WANT ANOTHER KRONOS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lesfarrington

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: I WANT ANOTHER KRONOS Reply with quote

I have a 61, i have a few other synths and i am seriously thinking of selling them and getting a 76 to go with my 61 and use them both live. THIS THING JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER AS A LIVE INSTRUMENT...your gonna see ALOT of these once the shipments are going strong. your gonna see them on every stage! they are incredibly rich and flexible and once you get the screens figured out its a breeze to create splits and effects for each split. this thing is beyond my the yamahas and rolands by so many lengths. I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE. the thing i really like about this instrument is that EACH PATCH HAS ITS OWN DISTINCT FLAVOR thanks to the very different filters and oscillators that make up the different synths within this box. My prophet is great but every patch has that PROPHET flavor. same for my Junos and Virus. this synth is truly remarkable. today i finally got through the entire manual and have a grasp on it...every function has been explored and WHOA! i had no idea what a powerful machine Korg has produced. I CANT SAY ENOUGH PLUS ABOUT IT. i read that folks say ITS EXPENSIVE. i feel like I STOLE IT at 3000 dollars. i want another one!
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too. I wouldn't mind another. I'm telling my friends to get one - this is the first keyboard that I am enjoying as a powerful musical instrument - not just a stage keyboard for utility sounds.
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: I WANT ANOTHER KRONOS Reply with quote

lesfarrington wrote:
the thing i really like about this instrument is that EACH PATCH HAS ITS OWN DISTINCT FLAVOR thanks to the very different filters and oscillators that make up the different synths within this box. My prophet is great but every patch has that PROPHET flavor. same for my Junos and Virus.

Its true! Its the most diverse synth I have ever owned! So much so, that you can really make the argument for having more than one.....because it would not necessarily be redundant in "flavor".
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangerous thread!!! Wink

Will only get Sina coming on and saying he's got 15 on order Laughing LOL Wink Rolling Eyes
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
Dangerous thread!!! Wink

When only get Sina coming on and saying he's got 15 on order Laughing LOL Wink Rolling Eyes

Well I saw the thread title, I assume that Sina was the author!

Last edited by Melodialworks Music on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Sina was the OP too.
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE another Kronos as well, but there is part of me that wants to jump into VSTs and Victor Wong's ControlBlade - the little brother to the larger StudioBlade has just been released. Price for a 61 key version is 1699. 5000 patches out of the box, Presonus bundled in, and I am thinking that adding Omnisphere to this thing would be AMAZING.

Now, I know that, like the NeKo, this is essentially a PC with keys, but, for live gigging it offers a nice solution for me. I have wanted to get into VSTs but I REFUSE to bring a laptop to a gig. If there was a way to incorporate VSTs into Kronos without using a laptop, I would just buy Omnisphere and forget the ControlBlade.

All of that being said, I am finding more and more about Kronos that I love. Everytime I play this bad girl, I find new wonders and new vistas to explore. Funds are tight and while RonF and Bruce Lychee's reviews of the JP80 HAVE tempted me, as a grad student, I need to think more on the lines of bang for the buck. Yep, I am the antithesis of Sina in that not only for cost, but for the reason that I am moving to Holland next year, I ned to pare down my studio because I can only imagine that shipping my Fantom X8 and XV-88 even by oceanliner is going to be prohibitively expensive.

So, the PC3 DOES come with me as does Kronos. I want to add either another Kronos as a back up, or else ControlBlade to get into VST WITHOUT using a laptop.

Advice folks?

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only confirm that the Kronos is rapidly developing into a kind of sonic wonder to me, too.

Like Vlad, I rather consider two times what to buy and what not, even if I could afford it. But at the moment I am not even feeling any nagging gear interest any more, because the Kronos is just covering so much sonic ground here in a really great and convincing way, and does that in combination with a user flexibility in everything, from sound shaping to defining controllers, which I haven't ever met in ANY keyboard before. Seems to become an immediate classic to me, on a similar level as my Rhodes, Moogs and Acces TI.

I would play two of them anytime, if money played no role at all. Laughing
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: I WANT ANOTHER KRONOS Reply with quote

lesfarrington wrote:
I have a 61, i have a few other synths and i am seriously thinking of selling them and getting a 76

So thats why my 73 key hasn't shown up yet...I should have ordered the 76!!!!!! haha.

I love hearing the stuff you and the other posters here are saying! Although my anticipation for the arrival of mine is beyond a boiling point - it still is great to hear how much I'll enjoy it when it arrives!
Kim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People, people! Stop hogging those Kroni! Some of us are still waiting for their FIRST Kronos! Very Happy Still 4 more weeks.... Krusty is coming...
TheZombieHolocaust

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

post some Kronos DEMOS in my can I hear your Kronos please thread!

Then go buy another one
britkeys

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiple Ks would be the best solution to my 'which model to buy' dilemma!! Glad you enjoying, can't wait to get one.
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the ideal is to have 2 of each 61/73/88 keys model!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: