Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For those that have not heard the insanity that is MS-20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystic38

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a novel concept...actually talking about the thread topic!!! Smile

I read with interest your outright enthusiasm for the ms20.. Had you never used the legacy collection or even the ims20 app?..

aron wrote:
I play like how I want to play. I am guitarist too so that shows. I can play Hawaiian music too with the best of them

Can we keep this on point with the ms-20 please?

Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic38 wrote:

I read with interest your outright enthusiasm for the ms20.. Had you never used the legacy collection or even the ims20 app?..

aron wrote:
I play like how I want to play. I am guitarist too so that shows. I can play Hawaiian music too with the best of them

FWIW...I didn't bring JP80 up in this thread even once....Its was Jimknopf, Aron, and Morten'J who did several times...even on the first page of this thread...go back and read through it. I only responded to false or misleading information, mostly when I was directly asked about it by name.

I have both iMS20 and Legacy Collection...Kronos blows them both away in quality and responsiveness. iMS20 is very cool in its implementation however, with its sequencers and its Internet access for sharing and acessing new content. Wouldn't it be cool if some of THAT functionality was updated into Kronos? Not sure how they could update the Internet networking capability into Kronos (thats a hardware limitation)...but the sequencers would sure be cool. I'm sure Korg feels that the full blown sequencing on Kronos overrides the need for it...but I disagree..because its an awesome drum/loop sequencer on the iMS20....very creative. Alas, even on an iPad with its 9.7 inch screen, iMS20 is very cramped on the screen. Hard to read.....harder than Kronos IMO, because the have REALLY cramped the screen with lots of parameters and graphics. Hard to imagine how it could be ported to the Kronos screen. Still a blast to play though!
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
TheZombieHolocaust

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow nice stuff

post some demos in the can i hear your kronos please!
Mystic38

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ronf..

i did read the thread, this is something i customarily do before posting Very Happy

So yes, i am fully aware that you responded solely to correct misinformation about the JP80, in fact, i also did the same...and so my comment was not directed at you.

i can however also respect an OPs desire to discuss the thread topic and so supported that redirection..

RonF wrote:
Mystic38 wrote:

aron wrote:

FWIW...I didn't bring JP80 up in this thread even once....Its was Jimknopf, Aron, and Morten'J who did several times...even on the first page of this thread...go back and read through it. I only responded to false or misleading information, mostly when I was directly asked about it by name.

I have both iMS20 and Legacy Collection...Kronos blows them both away in quality and responsiveness. iMS20 is very cool in its implementation however, with its sequencers and its Internet access for sharing and acessing new content. Wouldn't it be cool if some of THAT functionality was updated into Kronos? Not sure how they could update the Internet networking capability into Kronos (thats a hardware limitation)...but the sequencers would sure be cool. I'm sure Korg feels that the full blown sequencing on Kronos overrides the need for it...but I disagree..because its an awesome drum/loop sequencer on the iMS20....very creative. Alas, even on an iPad with its 9.7 inch screen, iMS20 is very cramped on the screen. Hard to read.....harder than Kronos IMO, because the have REALLY cramped the screen with lots of parameters and graphics. Hard to imagine how it could be ported to the Kronos screen. Still a blast to play though!

Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic38 wrote:
@ronf..
So yes, i am fully aware that you responded solely to correct misinformation about the JP80, in fact, i also did the same...and so my comment was not directed at you.

i can however also respect an OPs desire to discuss the thread topic and so supported that redirection..

Thanks for the kind words Mystic38. I appreciate it.

And...I too can fully respect the desire to stay on thread topic. That would be MY desire, as well. Smile
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
Lando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds amazing, and great playing as well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: