Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glad about JP-80 moving
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Glad about JP-80 moving Reply with quote

I'm really glad that this nonsense in the Kronos forum has finally found the right place. This had really annoyed me more and more.

Maybe I will still be a bit short of time posting here for a while, but at least I am willing to do so again.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol... Now I have to move this thread to the off topic section ?

Wink

Sharp
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do as you please. Cool

I posted it in the Kronos forum to give the others over there a signal that returning to real Kronos themes brings me back faster to posting myself, even if with few posts for a while.
Rocness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Glad about JP-80 moving Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
I'm really glad that this nonsense in the Kronos forum has finally found the right place. This had really annoyed me more and more.

Maybe I will still be a bit short of time posting here for a while, but at least I am willing to do so again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever heard about the difference of ontopic and offtopic?

I met censorship in the Roland Clan, never here.
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be the silliest thing ever, grumping over whether or not another synthesizer can be discussed alongside the Kronos...
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is pathetic.
PauloF

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Ever heard about the difference of ontopic and offtopic?

I met censorship in the Roland Clan, never here.

Did you? I don't think so...

look who speaks about censorship...

Repeating what Bruce already said, this thread is really pathetic...

Keys: Korg Wavestate
Softsynths: Korg iM1, ARP Odyssei, iElectribe, iMS-20, Moog AniMoog
https://jpaulof.wixsite.com/Mysite
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the majority of whiners were on RolandClan, are you telling me they were banned and move here?

maybe if they try hard enough they can kill the Kronos the way they did the Fantom G. Laughing

PS. I am pathetic, I still enjoy my Fantom G
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
tpantano
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who starts a thread to complain about other people's threads, regardless of the degree of stupidity present in such?

Pathetic.
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPWC wrote:
I thought the majority of whiners were on RolandClan, are you telling me they were banned and move here?

maybe if they try hard enough they can kill the Kronos the way they did the Fantom G. Laughing

PS. I am pathetic, I still enjoy my Fantom G

I didn't make the jump to the G from the X because at the time, the G was missing vital features and there are G owners that DO miss some of the capabilities of the X. That being said the G is a fine instrument and really it is the users at RolandClan that kept it going. Roland dropped the ball on a workstation that could have been so much more. As a long time Roland user, I am happy to see that Roland has redeemed itself with the JP80. I haven't played one but RonF and Bruce seem to be very thorough in their reviews and frankly they did not hold back. They were both clear and stated the best of each and in fact BOTH cast the Kronos in a very good light.

I am deciding on whether to make the plunge this autumn for EITHER a JP-80 or a StudioBlade plus Omnisphere.

Artemiy runs a good forum - except that they have been spammed of late with jewelry sales scams. But, while Roland Clan IS friendly when talking about Roland, they are not always so when talking about Korg, Kurzweil, and Yamaha.

This year has seen the Yamaha Motif XF, Korg Kronos, and Roland JP-80. I would opine that it has been a hell of year for keyboards and I am glad there was open open discussion on all of these. This forum kept me from giving into impatience and buying the XF. Glad I did since XS prices are plummeting.

Thanks Bruce and RonF for your balanced reviews!!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Glad about JP-80 moving Reply with quote

Rocness wrote:

Here's one for you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid

The Roland threads were only moved out of the KORG section and into the correct place.

Where else do you think they should be loacted on this forum ?....huh... ?
Rocness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Glad about JP-80 moving Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Rocness wrote:

Here's one for you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid

The Roland threads were only moved out of the KORG section and into the correct place.

Where else do you think they should be loacted on this forum ?....huh... ?
Sharp that censorship link was not meant for you but
I think I get your point .You are doing a great job on this forum but please
can you add the facepalm emoticons , I wanted to use it on some post but I could not find it . lol Very Happy
Mystic38

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly I am surprised the op did not add "nananananaa" at the end of his post..

Personally, it is fair for sharp to move the jp80 threads.. there are enough irrelevant and useless Kronos threads to be sifted through without adding to the pile..lol

There were a number of people genuinely and musically interested in discussing and comparing k to jp80 .. And alot of the discussion was interesting and valuable......And yet there were also a number of folks who either felt threatened that Roland can produce quality equipment or were just plain haters...hopefully the latter folks won't feel the need to bother participating anymore
Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic38 wrote:
And yet there were also a number of folks who either felt threatened that Roland can produce quality equipment or were just plain haters...hopefully the latter folks won't feel the need to bother participating anymore

Hear hear! Applause
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: