Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Optional KRONOS sound libraries are coming from KORG
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribs wrote:
I won't consider purchasing any external sound libraries until after the editor software is released.

why? To punish Korg....or yourself? Surprised
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is that Korg is busy very hard to finish the editor. The work on Kronos development is finished (except maybe for a later firmware update but I don't hear that many problems except some sequencer improvements) so the developers are probably working on the editor. This is unrelated to the production is my guess.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gribs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RonF wrote:
Gribs wrote:
I won't consider purchasing any external sound libraries until after the editor software is released.

why? To punish Korg....or yourself? Surprised

I am making a statement. I work in R&D at a major manufacturing company. I am quite familiar with resource allocation and prioritization issues in R&D. Korg's priority should be finishing and releasing the editor and not working on add-on sound libraries. Perhaps there is another team that has nothing to do with the editor working on the sound sets. Or maybe Korg can justify assigning a team to work on the sound sets if it is testing the editor in the process of making the sound sets. I am also aware that "team" can mean 1 person or as we say 1 Full Time Equivalent or "FTE" which might be broken up among a few people.
Roland RD700-GX
NI Komplete, Kore, Maschine
Eurorack modular that never ceases to grow
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gribs wrote:
Perhaps there is another team that has nothing to do with the editor working on the sound sets.

Since those two skills have nothing to do with one another, that would be a good bet. Smile
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RonF wrote:
Here's hoping that these optional sound libraries are not just "sample based" sound libraries (even though that would be cool too)...but actual new Korg programmed patches for AL-1, Mod-7, STR1, MS20/Poly6, or HD1.

I'm hoping for both. Though I'm not sure how extensive the HD-1 sample library is, it has to have some limits, so here's hoping that the new libraries have some additional interesting sounds included, since they're going to be for sale. Since I'm likely to be late to the party, it's going to be nice to read a few reviews on them.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is quite obvious that the HD-1 library has few, but significant weaknesses:
- it definitely needs better e-guitar patches
- it would also profit from some first class electric basses
- pop/r&b brass isn't bad, but could also use some fresh stuff like updated horn sections

The potential for very well programmed synth patches is HUGE with these three high quality VA engines, as for Mod7 and STR-1, both from Korg and from third party developers and users.

All in all the Kronos (especially with 4 Gb RAM) is a sonic paradise, where new plants can grow very well anytime, no matter if from EXis or sample material.
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
where new plants can grow very well anytime, no matter if from EXis or sample material.

I'm smokin' some of those plants myself these days! Shocked
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Korg people?
The SFz Brass patch from my Triton Extreme is the single most useful sound in the world for covering dance classics. You can play fast licks with it, and it has some motion to it when you have long notes/chords. The only thing is it's starting to sound somewhat dated/synthetic. Please bring us a modern version of this patch with a good sample at its heart!

There are some more realistic swells in the Extreme as well as the Kronos that I've heard but they're more classical in sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: