Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

effects question?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: effects question? Reply with quote

Herte is a guitar epdal I am jonesing for can the KRONOS do these effecs. Check out the last 2 minute or so video clip at the bottom.

ElCapistan

thanks!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRONOS has a dedicated Tape Delay effect which can be used in the insert or master slots.

See Parameter Guide, page 949.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thanks for the heads up!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I so do love tape delay effects. There is what I imagine a similar effect to the KRONOS one on my Radias and it is great, so I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will remain dissappointed till I get an 88. Oh well, next year isn't that far off.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just how tweakable are the effects, can I get some of the nuancs that the pedals have like tape age and crinkle etc..?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, its a bit more involved than that.

Pedals tend to be quite minimal because you can only fit so many parameters on.

So for example instead of just having a single knob for 'wow/flutter', here we have basically an LFO - you set the wow/flutter Rate and Depth.

Similarly, Tape Age and other parameters would affect the tonal characteristics and saturation. Here you have controls for lowcut and highcut, and saturation amount.

Then you also get pan and level controls for up to three 'taps'.
Overall delay time is set (Tap 1), then Tap 2 and Tap 3's times are set as a percentage of Tap 1's time.

Then you have the usual Feedback control, and of course plenty of AMS type modulation options.

Actually quite similar to the Radias effect parameters, except that only has two taps and their times are set independently.
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Just how tweakable are the effects, can I get some of the nuancs that the pedals have like tape age and crinkle etc..?

Yes, they are VERY tweakable! When you say "crinkle" I'm assuming you mean the noise that you get on a record after it's been "well played"? Yeah, it's in there. It's called "analog record". Probably one of my least favorite effects, especially since once you insert it, it "always" plays (like a record spinning), even if your not playing the keys. I guess it might be OK if your doing a hip hop combi or something similar, but I try to stay away from using that one.

While we are taking effects, let me just say that I think the Kronos effect section is much improved from the M3. Not only are there several more effects included, but the sound is amazing. Even if you layer several together the sound still remains VERY clean. By that I mean your don't have all that digital noise messing up the mix. But then again, EVERYTHING just seems to sound better on this!

Proton Cool

New Sound Libraries For Korg Synths
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: