Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using kronos as audio interface?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpmusic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Using kronos as audio interface? Reply with quote

Hi again. Truly hoping my issue this time isn't as lame as my bad midi cable issue.

I have connected my macbook pro to the kronos via usb, and the kronos shows up as a device in logic, and I can select it and all seems good. But I can't hear any audio (at the headphone output of the kronos) even though logic is outputting audio and I have kronos selected as the output device. I also can't get itunes to play anything even if I select kronos as the output device using audiomidi.

I have tried searching both manuals and can't find any mention of this function, mysteriously. Is there some setting I have to change to use it as an audio interface?

thank you all!

Darcy
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all are waiting for the editor/VSTi which will supply the audio connection.

What is frustrating is that Korg staff strictly ignores all the requests in this forum to give us at least some feedback about the state of things.
dpmusic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that's interesting. I don't really want to use it as a vst right now, just output my computer's audio to it.

Here is a quote from this site: http://createdigitalmusic.com/2011/02/nine-keyboards-in-one-extensive-qa-gallery-for-korg-on-kronos-son-of-oasys/

Which is, it seems, Korg’s Richard Formidoni answering an interview question:

"It also has class-compliant USB MIDI and audio I/O capabilities. I’m actually listening to Pandora right now, being piped through via USB to KRONOS’s headphone jack."

This is what I want to do. How do I do it?
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The usb driver is meant to work as pure midi driver so far.
It does seem to have an undocumented audio connection implemented already (at least on PC), but that still seems to be an ultra-slow directx driver, no asio.

But if you just want to get computer audio to your Kronos, you should anytime be able to do that either analog (computer autput to Kronos input) or digital connection, just not usb.
Knightshift

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dpmusic,
did you go to the Global --> Audio page? There you can set up the routing for the usb audio. Just go to Bus Select an choose L/R on both USB 1 and USB 2. The sound from your computer should now be audible.

I'm using my Kronos as an audio interface with my iMac and it works great!
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just tried the MME driver on PC:
that seems to work as well with the Global USB input settings you described, Knightshift.

Nice to know.

Still waiting for any news about the Editor/VSTi.
dpmusic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, brilliant! Thank you very much!
Hal2001

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: How would I configure a mic, if I'm singing and playing? Reply with quote

Knightshift wrote:
I'm using my Kronos as an audio interface with my iMac and it works great!

I can't believe it. I have been spending the last two days researching audio interfaces to record into GarageBand, finally settling on the Apogee Duet (either the Duet 1 or Duet 2) which would cost me up to 595 if I got a new Duet 2. Then I read your advice and set up my Global according to your simple directions and I've got totally pristine sound coming out of my GB, without even needing any Kronos software or Duet etc. Thanks for the great tip. Now, what do I need to know if I want to use my microphone via the Kronos for same recording? Would there be any additional issues if I have my mic, first going through my TC Helicon voice processor, and then connect to my Kronos? Does this mean I don't need to buy an audio interface if keyboard, mic, and maybe a rhythm machine is all I'm thinking of recording for my one-man productions? If so, thanks for saving me $5-$600.
Hal2001

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: How would I configure a mic, if I'm singing and playing? Reply with quote

[quote="Hal2001"]
Knightshift wrote:
Now, what do I need to know if I want to use my microphone via the Kronos for same recording?
Nevermind, I figured it out and put up a separate post in case anyone is interested in the same microphone issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: