Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

monotribe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: monotribe Reply with quote

Just picked up the Korg monotribe, plan to use the Kronos Audio input for the thingy.

PS: I 've had my Kronos for little over a month now, and the more I play it, the more I love it. Cool

I sold my JP8000 to have cash for the monotribe, this should make the anti-Roland tribe happy. especially since it was 100 time more than the JP80. Laughing
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! this thing is cool, forgot to mention, I got a EHX memory man to go with it.

I think my Kronos Likes it too!

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, dude, how much water did you drink?
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> EHX memory man

I LOVE the memory man. Depending on which one you got, I have a mod on my site (very easy to do) that will improve the tone of the Memory Man.

I love mine.

Now speaking of that, how was the JP8000? I believe I am getting one.

Finally, let us know the best way to send audio input into the Kronos while being able to use the normal settings. I remember seeing some type of limitation with the effects. I would love to be able to put the Pro One into the audio in, but I'd like reverb and delay, but I think it's not possible without altering combinations or programs.
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aron,

I have a JP-8000 and it is a really cool synth. When it was released in 1998 it was considered a top of the line synth. It's a cool VA that is very intuitive. The motion control feature is very cool - it memorizes knob and slider movements.

Obviously it's not a JP80, but I love it nonetheless and it does a very nice job emulating analogs. The nicest about these is that they are available for a song. I got mine at GC for 395.00 USD.

I MIDI it with a Roland SH-32 and the analog stuff with these two layered is simply FATTTTT. Running BOTH through Kronos should be a real trip.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> The motion control feature is very cool - it memorizes knob and slider movements.

I've wanted this on all of my analog keyboards. The SY33 had this - in crude form. I didn't realize the JP800 had it. Wish they had put this into the JP80.

Maybe the Kronos can be updated to get this as a plug-in (hint)?
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos *sort of* has it with Vector Envelopes. Very Happy
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I want is to place the unit into record, then start turning knobs etc. Then stop recording and all this action becomes one note event. Then you can play multiple notes and they will all playback the events separately.

Would be cool!
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concur....would be cool! Very Happy
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree,

Bought a Monotribe. It is absolutely excellent. The oscillator, filter and LFO are all stunning - they are the real deal. It is capable of an awesome range of sounds, noises and effects.

Synced to the iMS20 or iElectribe and controlled via iPhone Sync control is just amazing.

Only one gripe about the Monotribe - I wish the oscillator could be switched off to allow the self-resonating filter to be modulated by the LFO on its own to give pure LFO special effects. A frustrating omission. But - it's a fantastic little device and the perfect companion to the Kronos or any other more contemporary music technology.

Plus - this sort of device is going to make others respond with other cool devices - already you can see that the penny has dropped with Doepher; and with Moog also on this band wagon (though their Moogerfroogers are rediculously expensive), it looks like Voltage Control has a serious future; and yet again Korg are leading the way.

When you consider- Kronos, Wavedrum mini, iMS20 and Monotribe - all released within a year - it reveals just how on the ball Korg are at the moment. Very exciting times.

Kevin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: