Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A software to open pcg or kmp files on your computer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dl_libu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: A software to open pcg or kmp files on your computer? Reply with quote

i want to open a pcg or kmp file on my computer ..or..i have a trinity plus ..and a pa 800 and i want to convert a sound from pa 800 to trinity ..is not kmp ..is a normal sound from pa 800 with 8 oscilators ..and i want to convert it to trinity ..anyone can help ? thanks
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wonder if you can convert a PCG file from a PA to a Trinity. Even converting between a Trinity to a previous/next synth model is almost impossible.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KMP (KSF?) should be no poblem, thoguh (just guessing) - but the programming will have to be done from scratch.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthjoe wrote:
KMP (KSF?) should be no poblem, thoguh (just guessing) - but the programming will have to be done from scratch.

How far is the PA capable of programming? The PCG file content look really different.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthjoe wrote:

How far is the PA capable of programming? The PCG file content look really different.

synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:

Let me be totally honest: I have no idea. I don't have a PA and never used one, but I've heard that KMP/KSF files are compatible. Maybe I'm wrong.

Is there an editor for the PA maybe, which allows for editing ADSR, filter, effects, etc.? If so, then approximating the original should not be impossible - even thoguh we all know that the Trinity is quite unique, so one should not expect the exact same sounds coming out of another machine.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it can read samples probably the KMP/KSF files are used. The PCG content contains different chunks than synth model PCGs of Korg.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: